shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP__22k Japanese 7 Luck Gods Piece... Scrap or not??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mheadington

Rough_Rock
Does this piece have any more value then for its scrap gold? It weighs about 62 grams of 22k. I am told the buttons on it are polychrome porcelain of the 7 Japanese lucky gods. The marks on it are in Japanese and I have no Idea of its age. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

japanesepic001.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Why scrap such beautiful work?Dont scrap until you have the piece looked at by someone fluent in this style of jewelry...not just any appraiser will do...i could tell stories about being an appraiser and what people think is junk jewelry and turns out to be a genuine fancy diamond,Italian Cameo, and platinum and aquamarine necklace from the early 1900s...true stories...

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
I think jewelerman has given you very sound advice - please don''t scrap it!

I would definitely pay for an independent appraisal by an expert. You may well find that your piece is valuable and worth sending to auction.

Whilst it may not be to your taste, it''s incredibly beautiful and it would be such a shame to destroy it.

x x x

fireopal

Rough_Rock
its looks really beautiful...
could be a heritage piece!

mheadington

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advise... Does anyone have any tips on where to find a reputable appraiser that would be suitable to this piece? I know there are plenty appraisers around where I live, just figure they are more geared towards modern jewelry and diamonds. Thanks

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Try the university in your area...many of them in their museums have connections to appraisors also call the antique stores and ask about who in your area appraises asian jewelry...ask for background and schooling before commiting to an appraiser...we have appriasors here on the forum...richard sherwood has background in estate jewelry.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say, very cool looking piece.

eac

Shiny_Rock
Another one putting my hand up to say "appraise!" If you''re not in love with it, you could put it on consignment. I''d recommend a consigner in a large city, where your bracelet could get swooped up on a tide of fashion, quirkiness, or someone who wants a bracelet just like their beloved Grandma Kiku used to have.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results