shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bcalub

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am about to make one of the most important purchases of my life. I''m still going through "Diamonds 101" so I need some help. I have an opportunity to purchase a 1.91 ct. princess cut diamond for $10,500 but I don''t know if it is worth the $$$?

Here''s the GIA report:
Shape: Rectangular Modified Brilliant
Meas: 7.07 x 6.70 x 4.73 mm
Weight: 1.91 ct
Depth: 70.6%
Table: 66%
Girdle: Medium to Thick
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity: VS2
Color: F
Flourescence: Strong Blue

I guess I am worried about the Strong Blue flouresce. What I''ve read is that it Strong Blue makes the diamond look cloudy in sunlight? I couldn''t tell by looking at it, but I didn''t have any comparisons. Should I continue with this purchase or look elswhere?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Strong blue fluorescence does not always cause a diamond to appear milky or cloudy... In fact, fluorescence has a negative impact on the appearance of a diamond less than 2% of the time (according to a study conducted by the GIA on fluorescence)... Several of our personal diamonds exhibit medium to strong blueo fluorescence and we like the effect very much... As far as the princess cut diamond goes, to really tell you anything "accurate" about it we would need to know the crown and pavilion angle measurements... Ask the seller to provide you with a Sarin / OGI computerized proportions analysis... Get the full page report (not the avery type mailing label version) because it will provide you with the upper and lower ends of the range that the average result is based upon...

barry

Shiny_Rock
You don't indicate whether you're
able to personally view this diamond
or are buying it over the Internet.

If you are buying over the Net,
you'll need more than the numbers
provided by either a MegaScope or Sarin
report, as the "numbers" alone in this
shape do not always assure you of
a high-performance diamond. There are
several Table/Crown/Pavillion combinations
that will result in a beautiful Princess Cut
which will maximize light output and minimize light leakage. Ask your I'net vendor if
they can supply you with photographs,
IdealScope image, and some indication of the
stone's light performance. You're spending
alot of money, you need more information.

Good luck.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Also, try to look for a stone with 10% +++ crown height...

bcalub

Rough_Rock
NiceIce, Barry, Giangi,

Thank you all! It is a local jeweler, so I have had a chance to look at the stone. It is a very beautiful diamond, but I cannot, for sure, tell if it wasn't.

I will ask for the Sarin report and an Idealscope image. Hopefully I can attach them on my next response.

Thank you again,

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results