shape
carat
color
clarity

help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

odurasler

Rough_Rock
i'm currently looking at a dream diamond (hearts on fire), .67, G, SI2 $4282 w/ tax. With a tiffany style platinum band, is this a good price?:knockout: :knockout:

golfer

Shiny_Rock
No. It is a very, very bad price. For that much money, I think you can get a much higher quality (or bigger) dream diamond. I'm sure the HOF are nice, but I think you get an AGSO H&A from a broker on Pricescope that is just as nice for at least half the price.

Are you sure that's not Canadian $$?

enibas

Rough_Rock
i agree. that price is kinda high, even for a HOF?! :confused:

odurasler

Rough_Rock
ha ha, nope it's not canadien. explain to me what an AGSO H&A is? I'm new to this? so you think it's expensive. it was at $4700. i talked to them down to $4200.

odurasler

Rough_Rock
just so you guys know, the diamond itself is $4000. they gave me a $200 discount, which is $3800. they also said the platinum band is $600+. are they lying to me?

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Odurasler,

HOF is not lying to you, there
just over-charging you!

HOF is one of the first companies
to come out with an H&A ideal cut.

What is an H&A cut?

Basically its an optical effect found
with-in the diamond which looks exactly
like those fairy tale hearts and arrows.

This optical effect will be found in diamonds
which exhibit a perfect internal symmetry
when viewed through a special scope called
an H&A viewer.

These diamonds have been tinkered with and
perfected upon by a few online dealers which
have since then created even better performers
than HOF.

Buy Informed!

odurasler

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much, Diamondoptics. So, what is a good price i should be asking for?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okay ... I think everybody should just hold up one second before you begin bashing the dream and it's price.

YES I said even it's price and let me explain.

Now listen carefully to what I'm about to say. I have nothing to gain or profit by promoting the dream since I do not sell it.

Now I respect everyone's opinion including golfer's, Kirk, etc. BUT ...

There are many who would be quick to give opinions based on limited or no information concerning the product but let me tell you first hand that of all the fancy shapes I've seen, especially among the square modified brilliant cuts there were NONE that could be compared to the Dream in sheer brilliancy and fire except for the Regent and they differ slightly in their cut. I had the opportunity of sitting down with an old friend who works with HoF at the last Vegas show (Martin DeWitt who is also in the HoF video that is given out) and he let me view dream diamonds under the LightScope. In a word, I was blown away. This is a diamond that commands it's own price as it's in a league of it's own. There is nothing on the market you can compare it to.

The only 2 other diamonds that can even hold a flame to it is Regents and certain type H&A's. If you want to learn more about H&A's check out my link at the bottom and read the chapters on cut.

Now it is no secret that HoF charges a premium for their brand but in the dream they have a product that is in a class all it's own. The distributor may or may not have done a great job in presenting the product but if it was anything like the stones I've seen I WOULD certainly NOT rule it out.

I've seen square modified brilliants that perform comparable to the dream but none exactly like it. My best advice to you would be (for your own education and informed decision) is see what else you can find that you think would be comparable (I'm talking high quality stuff, cut wise) and make the comparison for yourself. Whatever speaks to you most ... that you should purchase. I have access to many square modified brilliant cut brands but the dream is one diamond I would love to carry.

Peace,
Rhino

odurasler

Rough_Rock
Everyone,
Thank you so much for the information. Rhino, you are correct! i really do like the HoF dream diamond alot and i can't compare nothing to it. I was going to buy the ring for $4200 today, but i wanted to be sure that i was getting what i paid for. It is my first time and i wanted to be a smart shopper. so do you think i should go ahead and get it?

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

Just prior to my last post,
Odurasler made a reference inquiring about
AGS0 H&A cuts.

I simply made a point about the H&A ideal
cuts with hearts and arrows, tying it in with a
reference regarding to HOF's over pricing and
initial H&A venture.

Although I should have, I did not make a reference
about the HOF dream cut. I do however think
that they are beautiful, but I also believe that they are
over-priced for the size, color and clarity.

Buy Informed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results