shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

seannaleigh

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone iam new here to the boards so i just wanted to say hi to everyone. Also i have recently found my dream ring and wanted to see if anyone knew any details about it. Here is a link to it Platinum Engagement Rings Now what i dont understand is how do i know what size the center diamond is, do you have to buy a diamond that will fit that setting or do they make it smaller?and can most jewelers custom make it to any carat? Or is it easier to take a picture of your ring to a jeweler and see if they can make a similar ring to fit your budget? i really have no clue about diamodns when it comes to pricing, if anyone could help i really would appreciate it. Or if anyone knows of similar rings that would be some major help also. thanks so much- seanna p.s. nice to meet all of you :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi seannleigh and welcome to PS!!!!
35.gif

That''s a lovely ring and can be made to accomodate most any size stone. What is your budget???? We can go from there.
2.gif

seannaleigh

Rough_Rock
under 10,000 is the budget.
15.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why the sad face that is a great budget to work with. You can do a search for your stone at the top of the page. I also reccomend reading the tutorials on diamonds they are very helpful as well. You need to learn about cut, etc.... Good luck!!!
1.gif

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Seanna,

Welcome to Pricescope!

Most standard engagement ring settings are made in a number of different sizes to accomodate stones of certain carat weights (e.g., a company will make a .5 carat setting, a 1.0 carat setting, etc.). If your stone has unusual proportions, most jewelers could have a special setting made for you.

Although I can''t tell you how much that particular setting will cost, I would imagine that settings in that vein will be fairly expensive because of all the diamonds in the setting itself. Getting a custom setting can sometimes be less expensive than a pre-made setting and it affords you the opportunity to pull elements from multiple designs you like. You may ave difficulty getting an exact replica made because of design copyright issues (not everyone would copy someone else''s design for you, particularly if it is a branded design), but it is worth looking into.

Good luck in your search...

seannaleigh

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the insight, i love that ring so much but im afraid it wouldnt look at nice if i were to get a smaller center stone, i dont think actually im sorry I KNOW my bf can''t afford the one they show, that diamond looks pretty big as far as the setting goes i know how much that costs i just was wondering about center stones, i guess i just have to keep researching. every time i think i found my dream ring i find one i like a little bit more but i really love this one. i showed my boyfriend he told me to keep dreaming haha he was kidding he just thought it looked way out of his budget so i told him most places have payment plans
25.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, yum, that is one of my favorite settings. I know that the one pictured is for a 9mm stone, but if you search around on here you will see plenty of halo-asscher rings w/ smaller center stones than that.

I would give DCD a call and ask them to start working with you to see what you might be able to come up with together.

splitshankDCDassch.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results