shape
carat
color
clarity

Help

djmarcox

Rough_Rock
Im just starting to shop for a ring for my girlfriend...

Im looking for a nice 2.0 ct round stone

excellent cut and good qualities... I have read all the 4 cs stuff and still feel like there is so much more to it...

I went to one dealer so far and he showed me the rapaport website and the prices on there and said thats the price he pays and needs to charge me a % over that for the stone... does that sound about right as far as pricing goes...

I understand the qualities of the stone, I guess I need help with getting the pricing down pact... I want to make sure I dont get screwed...

Any help and suggestions will be great.. Thank you in advance for help...

duckduckgoose

Rough_Rock
Are you willing to buy on line? People here could help you find a nice stone if you are willing to share your budget. It's hard to say whether or not another price is fair without knowing all about the specific stone you are looking at and then finding comparable stones that are more/less money.

djmarcox

Rough_Rock
Im def willing to buy online but my concern was the percentage above rapaport site... Does that sound legit... He basically said these are all the diamonds and the price I pay... You will pay x % over that to me... Is that a legit pricing scenario...

Im looking at 16k-17k...

Thank you..

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I'm guessing that the particular percentage above depends on who you are dealing with, how much volume they handle, what they consider their fair shake, etc. Ultimately, you should look at what you are getting and if it is at a reasonable price. Along with that comes considering customer service and a quality buying experience. You can also consider things like up-grade policies should you and your SO decide in the future to get a bigger stone.

djmarcox

Rough_Rock
I agree with all that... I just wanted to know was he being truthful with saying the price on the site was his price...

Thanks

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AFAIK - most 'dealers' do something similar. They mark up the diamond a certain % based on whatever they purchased it for. I have no idea if the rapaport website determines the exact price of what they pay though.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
telephone89 said:
AFAIK - most 'dealers' do something similar. They mark up the diamond a certain % based on whatever they purchased it for. I have no idea if the rapaport website determines the exact price of what they pay though.
That's what I've heard as well. But as far as I know there's really no way for us to know exactly how much he paid. Is there a reason you're questioning his statement?

duckduckgoose said:
Are you willing to buy on line? People here could help you find a nice stone if you are willing to share your budget. It's hard to say whether or not another price is fair without knowing all about the specific stone you are looking at and then finding comparable stones that are more/less money.
I second this, since you said you're willing to shop online I'd post a thread with your desired specs and budget, and the experts here will help you find some good options.

djmarcox

Rough_Rock
I was just curious because sounded too simple.. LOL... I should post what Im looking for and see what the nice people here can find me..

Thank you...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results