shape
carat
color
clarity

Help

buddyinghusband

Rough_Rock
Hi people,

I need your help.. I am trying to have my wedding back home in Africa and aside from money (dowry) and gifts (clothes, perfume, small gifts ) I will need to buy jewellary that is similar to our accepted style back home... having seen pictures of what people do gift for their weddings it seems evident to me it will be pretty pricey!! So I will be looking to get something along the lines of the below:

1599675_10152203596527520_469311018_o.jpg
1658145_10152203599297520_987892144_o.jpg

I have no idea how much this will set me back and my trips to the highstreet have made me a lot less ignorant of the world of jewellery. Its styles, tastes and demands in different countries are evidently worlds apart. The UK seems chiq and simple whilst back home seems grand and showey offy,

Can anyone help shed some light and let me know how much this would set me back?
Has anyone seen a similar style in the UK?
:loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry I am of no help, but I find that tradition of wedding where this style of jewelry to be worn absolutely beautiful and intriguing. Best of luck!!
Hopefully somebody with some useful advice will chime in.

buddyinghusband

Rough_Rock
Thanks im so glad you like it. The Wedding itself is really very complex with a multitude of stages which I will attempt to surmise:

1-Get girl to like you then ask her parents blessing
mormon-tithing.jpg
2- engagement ( ring, necklace) put it on at her house in front of her friends and family
images_24.jpg
3- Dowry (2 months before the wedding) two sets of gold, gold bracelets, money, lot of clothes, body lotions, trinkets and small gifts, nuts and sweets.
threekings_zpsf4807ace.jpg
3.5- pay for wedding hall- Groom has hall booking fee and singer fee / Bride has wedding food and plates (expensive)
shotgun-wedding_o_2282489.jpg
4- Dance of the bride- Bride learns 70 different types of wedding dances (variations of traditional and belly dancing) for the women of both sides of the family and groom stands behind her. A few times during the dancing she will fall to the ground and said groom must catch her. If he does its 1-0 to the grooms family if he doesnt its 1-0 to the brides (test of love).
1715.jpg
5 - Father ceremony - male leaders of the family (dad, big bro, auncle) sign document to authorise wedding
gents-greet.jpg
6- Henna / henna party- henna placed on hands and feet and both families have two separate parties for their weddies.
tumblr_ll9d33ooro1qfrq0to1_1280.jpg
7- breakfast of the groom- Brides family prepare grooms breakfast (for 100) and deliver by truck to grooms family
breakfast.jpg
8- Wedding!!

9- Traditional closing ceremony- Traditinal clothes, Couple get rubbed in perfume and milk (fertility) and throw it into crowd. img_9123v.jpg
10- honeymoon
11- Happiness/ Sense of mission complete/ Crippling debt

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for that graphic summary! :lol:

We do have a few members here who I believe are familiar with Indian wedding customs, as well as a few who live in England. However, this part of the board just doesn't get a lot of traffic. You might want to post your inquiry in the Hangout forum... you could include a link to this thread if you want.

Or, you could just ask the admins to move this thread to the Hangout forum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results