shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!

JillyBB

Rough_Rock
Can someone please help me make a decision. I couldn't decided between two styles, so I bought them both intending to return one ASAP.

JillyBB

Rough_Rock
One is a cushion-halo from Ritani. The center diamond is 1.01 ct, I in color and VS2. It is so sparkly! The other is a radiant 1.24 from BN, also VS2, but J in color. I have posted some pics. Please help!

_18781.jpg

_18782.jpg

_18783.jpg

_18784.jpg

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
My choice would be the Ritani out of the 2. Much prefer the design compared to the BN. :wavey:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the ritani.
The design seems nicer, from the limited photos I prefer the center stone, and seems easier to pair a wedding band with it. Also I like it better in your hand. :)

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I am the odd man out lol-I prefer the Blue Nile...I like the ring style, stone cut and how it all comes together on your hand.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I think also, what style are you going for?? Do you like something unique or one you see often? Two very different styles you picked!

JillyBB

Rough_Rock
Gosh, I really appreciate this feedback! This is my 10 year anniversary present. I know I could have bigger problems, but this decision is really stressing me out.

I feel like the BN sits higher (and I like that), looks better from the side, and the center stone stands out, but the ritani band has larger diamonds and the center is a little less yellow (but this is basically noticeable in a side by side comparison), and may be a bit more sparkly. I think the center stone does seem smaller in the ritani, but there is the halo that makes up for that. Both were the same price and with the bands both are the same ct. weight. I guess I am going for, oh, you have been married for 10 years and you got a new ring! I want it to be blingly, classy, and noticeable all at the same time :) I am asking a lot :twirl: Thanks so much for your help!!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
To me, the bn one stands out more (and I like the stone shape better) but cushion halos are very in style and sooo many love! Either way, congrats! I am currently awaiting my 20 year re-engagement ring myself :) so I totally get it!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Hmm. Pick the one you will wear more. I personally like the RN style better. I also like stones that sit lower so that they aren't as easily damaged. A halo also helps protect the center stone.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ritani! The stone looks nicer from the pics and would be a bit easier matching a band with this style than the weaved one

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the Ritani!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Ritani don't care for the BN at all

move1986

Shiny_Rock
ritani for sure

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the Ritani, better overall finger coverage and better resale should you ever wish to resell it.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1401506987|3683634 said:
Another vote for the Ritani, better overall finger coverage and better resale should you ever wish to resell it.
Very good point about resale.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ritani, hands down! Great finger coverage and very blingy!

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I vote for the Ritani. The details on it are more pleasing to my eye and it looks a lot nicer on your hand than the other. Plus I love a double-shank!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I like the Ritani as well!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the Ritani!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ritani!

JillyBB

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your posts! I really appreciated all of your knowledgeable and helpful comments! I am a poor decision maker in general, but this one seems so hard for m. I gave myself until 6/14, so I don't feel so much pressure. I think I am leaning toward the Ritani (today) :) Thanks again!

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Blue Nile for sure :appl: It looks much more delicate and more pleasing to the eye on your finger, IMO :wavey:

All the best with deciding :twirl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I like the look of the BN. However on your finger- the Ritani looks 'right'.

It is based on what feels right for YOU, as others have posted. If that is still confusing to you and you love them both,try this:

1) Put both ring boxes into a shopping bag.
2) get hubby to reach into the bag and pull one box out.
3) what ever is left in the shopping bag is what you keep.

Have fun!!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The BN band is more flattering on your hand.

JillyBB

Rough_Rock
Hi helpful people!

Well, I just couldn't decide so I sent them both back and got a combo of the things I liked. Radiant stone, but with a halo, in Ritani, and it sits up a little bit. This one was only a few hundred more, but I knew right away when I tried it on (I previewed it at a jewelry store near my house - online Ritani is really the way to go!) that I loved it and this was the one. Good thing I didn't have this much trouble picking the guy (actually I really did have trouble with that too :) Again, thanks for your help! I hope you like the new one.

newring1.jpeg

newring2.jpeg

newring3.jpeg

newring4.jpeg

orangesocks

Rough_Rock
I was just about to vote for the Ritani when I saw this. Fantastic! Congrats! :D

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best of both worlds! It's a great choice and looks lovely on you - Glad you found something you love, enjoy your beautiful new ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent choice!!! You have a stunning ring. Indeed, best of both worlds.
Please post more pics of your new ring :wavey:

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Oh it's perfect!!!!! :appl: :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I love the ring you selected! Beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results