shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with width of rings and bonus HUGE diamond :)

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
Hello! Could anyone help me in estimating the width of the bands in this pic? 1mm? 1.5mm? I'd like to get a set made exactly like this, and I've been to a few jewelry stores but no one has anything this thin to try on. While I'm at it, does anyone have any recommendations for online retailers that might carry this type of band? I've seen a few online, but either the width didn't look right, or the band was rounded instead of flat like in this photo.

As an advance thank you, here's a breathtaking canary diamond I tried on at M.S. Rau Antiques in New Orleans (worn on top of my own e-ring). By the way, the staff are the nicest EVER. Not only will they let you try anything on, even when it is clear there's no way you can or will buy anything, but they'll even suggest things you might want to try on, lol. I think they had as much fun as I did! This particular ring was a 20 carat canary that was going for $925k. I also tried on a ruby and diamond bracelet that was about 2.5 million. AMAZING. It's a must visit if you are in New Orleans, especially for the people on this forum!

kitten.jpg

_35114.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I am no expert, but the bands look as though they are about 1mm or 1.5mm wide. They are super thin. The e-ring looks as though it may be a bit wider- 1.5mm or 1.7 mm wide. I wish that there was a profile shot of the e-ring to see if there is enough support for that gorgeous stone.

Wowza, that canary diamond is some majorly serious bling! How fun that you got to try it on! I once tried on an $800K Ring at the Cartier on 5th Ave in NYC, at the prompting of the sales associate. She was really sweet and it was obvious that I wasn't buying it, but she saw that I loved jewelry and knew that I would enjoy the moment. It is nice to know that some stores still know how to create a special environment for browsers and customers alike. :wavey:

Your set is quite beautiful also!

Thanks for sharing the pics.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ID Jewelry made that set for the gal that used to be on The Bachelor. Why don't you directly ask Yekutiel?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe JCrew has very similar ultra thin bands in their fine jewelry section online. They are called Catbird.

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
ID Jewelry made this set?? That's perfect, because they made my set as well! :) I'll definitely ask Yekutiel - thank you so much for this info Madelise! How do you know that her set was from ID Jewelry? I googled her (the contestant's) name and ID Jewelry, but I didn't see anything come up.

Thank you to everyone else for your suggestions also! As a token of my appreciation, here's another stunning bauble that I tried on at M.S. Rau. It's a gorgeous ruby that was in the 500k-600k range, if I remember correctly. Just incredible! Couldn't figure out how to rotate it, but I guess it's a show stopper from any angle :)

_35154.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Blueberrydot, thanks for the gorgeous eye candy! :love: :love: :love: I saved the info for our next trip to Nola! Also, good luck with your search! :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
blueberrydot said:
ID Jewelry made this set?? That's perfect, because they made my set as well! :) I'll definitely ask Yekutiel - thank you so much for this info Madelise! How do you know that her set was from ID Jewelry? I googled her (the contestant's) name and ID Jewelry, but I didn't see anything come up.

Thank you to everyone else for your suggestions also! As a token of my appreciation, here's another stunning bauble that I tried on at M.S. Rau. It's a gorgeous ruby that was in the 500k-600k range, if I remember correctly. Just incredible! Couldn't figure out how to rotate it, but I guess it's a show stopper from any angle :)

You inspired me to hunt and I found an ID jewelry Instagram account
https://instagram.com/idjewelry/

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
ooh thank you for tracking this down! I gave ID Jewelry a call yesterday, they said the bands were 1.5 mm for anyone who was curious. Yekutiel was a class act, as always. I was prepared to buy them from him, but he told me that if I couldn't find that exact width from a local jeweler, I should just get the thinnest band and have them thin it out further for me. I was able to find 1.5mm bands at e-weddingbands though, for a very reasonable price!

Thanks again everyone for all your help!

PintoBean|1446747962|3946060 said:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
blueberrydot|1446858956|3946491 said:
ooh thank you for tracking this down! I gave ID Jewelry a call yesterday, they said the bands were 1.5 mm for anyone who was curious. Yekutiel was a class act, as always. I was prepared to buy them from him, but he told me that if I couldn't find that exact width from a local jeweler, I should just get the thinnest band and have them thin it out further for me. I was able to find 1.5mm bands at e-weddingbands though, for a very reasonable price!

Thanks again everyone for all your help!

PintoBean|1446747962|3946060 said:

Sorry, I should've seen this. I'm glad pinto bean pointed you in the right direction. Yup! IDJ posted on IG :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results