shape
carat
color
clarity

Help With Three Stone DK CADs PLEASE!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone! This is not only my first post, but my first custom ring so be gentle. Lol! I told him I love the shank and shoulders but the center stone needs to be 6 prong instead of 8. Somehow the “leaves” look out of place too. I’d like them to either be modified to be prongs for the side stones, or eliminated or changed somehow. I need expert help from PS’ers!!!
30F820E3-F5D3-43DF-95FF-AA92C0D6DD4E.jpeg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Also, am I allowed to post in RockyTalky since I’m using moissanite? I’m scared I’ll get in trouble. :confused2:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm no help with CADs but I'm glad that you have them!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea so far and I definitely second your idea of going down to 6 prongs. Question though...wouldn’t that mess up the design you have from the profile?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea so far and I definitely second your idea of going down to 6 prongs. Question though...wouldn’t that mess up the design you have from the profile?

Maybe? Lol. I’m no good with this stuff that’s why I’m wanting expert PS advice. :lol: I’m hoping DK can also steer me in the right direction.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Are you confident on the height of the ring?

If they were my CADs, I'd alter them to accommodate the following:
3stoneflower.JPG
Lengthen leaves to become part of the side stone basket,
Modify the end prongs to become even closer to the band so enhance the curve from the top of the middle ring to the end of the side stones or make it three prongs holding the side stones (my personal preference)

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Are you confident on the height of the ring?

If they were my CADs, I'd alter them to accommodate the following:
3stoneflower.JPG
Lengthen leaves to become part of the side stone basket,
Modify the end prongs to become even closer to the band so enhance the curve from the top of the middle ring to the end of the side stones or make it three prongs holding the side stones (my personal preference)

Thank you!!! I like 3 prongs on the sides too, but I don’t want a tapered band. Suggestions on how to maintain the 2mm thickness?

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone! This is not only my first post, but my first custom ring so be gentle. Lol! I told him I love the shank and shoulders but the center stone needs to be 6 prong instead of 8. Somehow the “leaves” look out of place too. I’d like them to either be modified to be prongs for the side stones, or eliminated or changed somehow. I need expert help from PS’ers!!!
30F820E3-F5D3-43DF-95FF-AA92C0D6DD4E.jpeg

Congrats!! :clap: You finally got your CAD's after such a long wait!:dance: YAY!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I sent this over to him. The proportions are off, but I figure it’s a good starting point o_OAnyone have any thoughts/suggestions?
8B9C4FA1-4968-4B54-BC0F-ACD50235BCC4.jpeg

That's Pretty!:kiss2: Oh my what a good artist you are!! I could never draw something that well,lol..:lol-2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
That's Pretty!:kiss2: Oh my what a good artist you are!! I could never draw something that well,lol..:lol-2:

Thank you! David said it was great. Lol!!!! I was hesitant to send it over to him honestly. Does it look like deer antlers?? Lmao!!!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! David said it was great. Lol!!!! I was hesitant to send it over to him honestly. Does it look like deer antlers?? Lmao!!!

:lol:LMBO!! In no way does it look like deer antlers!:snooty: Perhaps you have a hidden talent you didnt know you had..

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
:lol:LMBO!! In no way does it look like deer antlers!:snooty: Perhaps you have a hidden talent you didnt know you had..

Meh, I don’t think I’ve missed my calling. Lol! I’ll post the revised CADs as soon as I get them. Hoping shortly since he already emailed me this evening

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Meh, I don’t think I’ve missed my calling. Lol! I’ll post the revised CADs as soon as I get them. Hoping shortly since he already emailed me this evening

Awesome!:mrgreen: Looks like things are FINALLY moving along for you now...Oh Happy Days!!:dance: I cant wait to see your finished ring!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome!:mrgreen: Looks like things are FINALLY moving along for you now...Oh Happy Days!!:dance: I cant wait to see your finished ring!

Me too! Even once the CADs are done, it’ll have to wait a bit for production. I have to special order the stones, plus DH is in between jobs at the moment. Gotta prioritize! Adulting is dumb. :wall:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
D0CA5E47-3611-4F19-8D02-9049ED8658D7.png

@michellelynn9175 Saw this on DKs FB Page; it reminded me a bit of the leaves on your ring.

Yes! I saw that and thought it was so pretty! There’s a couple he’s done that remind me of my design. I never expected to say I wanted a “leaf Ring” but it just turned out this way. :think: thanks for sharing!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Second CAD. He’s changed the side stones to 6 prong but he’s gonna bump it down. To what, I don’t know. Lol. I agree it’s too busy though with 6 on all 3 stones. Not sure if I like how thick the wedding band is either. Thoughts?
C84EF9C6-E80A-47BA-AB14-9CF00E5EAB20.jpeg

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Second CAD. He’s changed the side stones to 6 prong but he’s gonna bump it down. To what, I don’t know. Lol. I agree it’s too busy though with 6 on all 3 stones. Not sure if I like how thick the wedding band is either. Thoughts?
C84EF9C6-E80A-47BA-AB14-9CF00E5EAB20.jpeg

If it is any consolation, I also think that the wedding band is going to be a bit much thicker than your e-ring so what I personally would do is have him take the stone size down to 1.5mm and it should come out as a better match to the width of your e-ring. As it is now with the 2mm stones it pushes out the total width to 3.13mm.. Not sure what to say about the 6 prongs though so maybe he will have some ideas when you say he is going to bump it down?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
If it is any consolation, I also think that the wedding band is going to be a bit much thicker than your e-ring so what I personally would do is have him take the stone size down to 1.5mm and it should come out as a better match to the width of your e-ring. As it is now with the 2mm stones it pushes out the total width to 3.13mm.. Not sure what to say about the 6 prongs though so maybe he will have some ideas when you say he is going to bump it down?

I suggested maybe NSEW prongs on the side stones. 3 would be fine too but not sure how that would work logistically speaking. I’m no jeweler. Lol. I’d think 4 would be more secure anyway.

Now instead of deer antlers I see a Mardi Gras mask though :geek: :think: :wall:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I suggested maybe NSEW prongs on the side stones. 3 would be fine too but not sure how that would work logistically speaking. I’m no jeweler. Lol. I’d think 4 would be more secure anyway.

Now instead of deer antlers I see a Mardi Gras mask though :geek: :think: :wall:

:lol: LOL! Well I believe he can used the shared prong style for the side prongs next to the center stone one each side and then have one or maybe 2 others on the outer edges. I am not for certain that it would work with this style exactly and someone else can probably chime in on that but have you looked at many 3 stone style settings online to figure out what you really wanted or are you just letting him wing it so to speak?:mrgreen2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no now I see the Mardi Gras mask! LOL!!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no now I see the Mardi Gras mask! LOL!!

I’ve looked at too many online. Lol. I just think 6 is too much, so anything less than that works but I don’t like 4 corners like the first CAD. To me, it doesn’t look balanced with that configuration and 6 prongs on the center stone.

And yes, I’m kinda letting him wing it. Lol. I loved my drawing in theory...but that damn mask. I can’t unsee it!!! I don’t know what to do about changing it either. Since I’m not well versed in jewelry design and this is my first piece going custom, I’m kinda worthless in the process honestly. Lol

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve looked at too many online. Lol. I just think 6 is too much, so anything less than that works but I don’t like 4 corners like the first CAD. To me, it doesn’t look balanced with that configuration and 6 prongs on the center stone.

And yes, I’m kinda letting him wing it. Lol. I loved my drawing in theory...but that damn mask. I can’t unsee it!!! I don’t know what to do about changing it either. Since I’m not well versed in jewelry design and this is my first piece going custom, I’m kinda worthless in the process honestly. Lol

How attached to the side leaf designs are you?? I am thinking of something that would look great but need to know if you just have to have them..:confused: It would get rid of the antlers/mardi gras look..

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
How attached to the side leaf designs are you?? I am thinking of something that would look great but need to know if you just have to have them..:confused: It would get rid of the antlers/mardi gras look..

Lemme hear it!!! I’m up for ALL suggestions. I’m not attached to any aspect of the design, aside from 6 prongs on the center and I like the cathedral shoulders. I do really like the middle basket since it’s been changed to have the point at the bottom, but seriously none of it is life or death. Lol

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Okay good, I love the middle basket also and don't think that it should be changed.. I am working on something to show you but it will in no way look professional, LOL :lol:.. I have a few ideas so going to put something together to see what you may think that you might like if any, lol..

There are many ways to dress those side areas up and customize to your own liking.. Stay tuned :mrgreen2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Okay the photos arent that great but it will give you an idea of the different designs that you can add to that gallery area on each side and these are just some ideas.. Find something that you like and go with it. Just try to envision what each one would look like on each side of the stone..

Maybe a scroll design like this:
44100545_0.png
Or pave set stones like this:
J-5961-gallery3.png
But on a bit of a curve to match the layout of the stones..

Or something like this on each side and it doesn't have to have the milgrain but a peek a boo stone could be an option:
Detail.jpeg
I like the shape of this but not sure how it would work on an angle..

I think that some scroll work design would look great there personally but maybe this will give you some ideas of what you can do on each side to get rid of the Mardi Gras Mask :mrgreen2: It's your own custom design so just have fun with it!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I think that a scroll design coming off from the main center basket to each side would look awesome and it would get rid of the extra prongs and the mask affect..

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
This is not the best but it will give you an idea of what scrolls will look like in the place of those leaves:
Scroll design 1.jpg
Just imagine the leaf prongs gone..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results