shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with this purple/pink diamond....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daisyheart

Shiny_Rock
I''m really wanting a pink diamond, and having to start small.

I''ve attached the GIA report and a photo of the diamond. The man is asking $1935 for this .22 pointer.

Does this sound like a fair price?

The report doesn''t say, but I asked the man about the clariy and he said it was eye clean with no visible flaws.

Opinions please
love.gif

(If the photos don''t work, I''ll retype the report info)

Daisyheart

Shiny_Rock
Of course, I can't upload it....

Here's the specs....

GIA Report
Shape and cutting style: heart modified Brilliant

Measurements: 3.81 x 3.79 x 2.14
Weight: 0.22 carat

Color
Origin: Natural
Grade: Fancy Purple-Pink
Distribution: Even
Comments: None
love.gif

Asking price: $1,935

Also, says stone eye clean with no visable flaws

Daisyheart

Shiny_Rock
Did this work?
love.gif

pink diamond.JPG

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The diamond has a GIA report that says natural fancy purple-pink and eye clean. The stone is small but pretty. I would say the price is good. If it was fancy pink it would be another thousand dollars plus. Enjoy!

Daisyheart

Shiny_Rock
Here is the diamond report for this stone as I mentioned above. The clariy isn't writtin on the report, it was told to me by the seller.

Now, I have just read on another site today, that colored diamonds sent to the GIA before December 2000, need to be RESENT because before that time, they were unable to detect color enhanced stones. It wasn't until after December 2000 that they had the tools to do this. (This stone was certified before that date)

This is what I read.

Has anyone on this site heard of such a thing? Also, where could I verify this from? I read it on a Diamondtalk website.

Thanks so much for the help.
love.gif

pink diamond report.jpg

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
Now, I have just read on another site today, that colored diamonds
sent to the GIA before December 2000, need to be RESENT because
before that time, they were unable to detect color enhanced stones.
It wasn't until after December 2000 that they had the tools to do
this. (This stone was certified before that date)
-----------

I don't think you have to worry about this, because pink and purple-pink are colors which almost never are reproduced by the HPHT treatment which is referred to above.

The purple-pink color is almost a dead giveaway that this is an Argyle stone, from the Australian mine which is famous for yielding pink diamonds with a purple modifier.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results