carat
color
clarity

Help with this moonstone ring?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello folks,

I came across this adorable moonstone ring. When I was looking at the pictures I noticed that spot which is actually how the moonstone is cut, but it bugs me. The setting is 18k so it seems to be a nicely made ring.

Is there any way to cover that spot? Maybe by adding a dot of gold or some other idea? I thought about having Sally at Heart of Water or David Klass make a new charm but this stone is tiny and I don't know just how involved that would be or if it's even possible.

Thanks for any thoughts!
IMG_9222.jpg IMG_9223.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like a hastily made heart.

Maybe you could bargain down on the price because of this flaw?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like a hastily made heart.

Maybe you could bargain down on the price because of this flaw?

Even if I get a lower price this is still going to bother me. I might just pass on it, not worth the effort you know?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 it is not low enough in price that I would do it but that is a brilliant idea. If I already owned it I would totally do that.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like it's close but maybe not quite what you're looking for because of that issue. So perhaps let it go and continue your search?

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@seaurchin, I think you are right on letting this one go, I'm just going to wait until something jumps at me without the "if only" :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results