Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

I need help deciding if this diamond is good - H color:
423044BD-C4B1-4370-8F64-944B9B3697B5.png

Last edited:

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
HCA is only meant to rule out candidates. Do you have pics?
Also the crown angle seems shallow but Im no expert.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

I need help deciding if this diamond is good - H color:
423044BD-C4B1-4370-8F64-944B9B3697B5.png

Do you have any pics or video? That will help a lot. Slightly nervous about the shallow crown.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bigger table + shallower crown = likely to have a lot of bright white light return and less coloured 'fire', if I understand things correctly :)

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s the round. I personally think it’s too dark.
Here’s an oval, but too big of a bowtie:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thoughts on the round?

The video is super short and they dont hold the stone still so its hard to tell. But I don't like the oval bc of the huge bowtie

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
The round looks dark, probably because the crown angle. The oval has a bow tie.
the numbers are a great guide, but let your eyes make the final decision.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
The round looks dark, probably because the crown angle. The oval has a bow tie.
the numbers are a great guide, but let your eyes make the final decision.

My rep told me the round is gray. Why would she send me a gray stone? She said that most people purchase then they cut. I don’t feel comfortable with that. I want to see it before I buy it.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
My rep told me the round is gray. Why would she send me a gray stone? She said that most people purchase then they cut. I don’t feel comfortable with that. I want to see it before I buy it.

Where are you buying from?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What??? That's super weird. Who are you purchasing from?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Is it Tianyu? I think I may have asked about that same diamond- it’s around $2600, right?
I’m going to be honest, I know some people have successfully purchased lab diamonds from over seas, and maybe it’s just me, but once the price starts to break $1000, I want to be able to return something without worrying about over seas shipping. Diamonds are hard to judge by pics alone.
Is this like a “fun ring”, an upgrade, or...?

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Is it Tianyu? I think I may have asked about that same diamond- it’s around $2600, right?
I’m going to be honest, I know some people have successfully purchased lab diamonds from over seas, and maybe it’s just me, but once the price starts to break $1000, I want to be able to return something without worrying about over seas shipping. Diamonds are hard to judge by pics alone.
Is this like a “fun ring”, an upgrade, or...?

I wanted it as a travel ring. However, that left a sour taste in my mouth. I deal with Sophia and I have purchased at least 5 moissanite rings with her in 2 years.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yeah, that + the sales BS would really annoy me. I would want to deal with a different rep.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Is this the stone?
If yes, they arent going to recut it once its sold. They are selling as an H, and it's a load of nonsense that people buy then recut.

I think we both misinterpreted her statement- I believe the rep said that a client pays for the lab diamond, and then they cut the lab diamond. Pretty such she meant to suggest that they don’t have much inventory on hand in certain sizes or cuts.
Regardless, if @Morenita21 was offered the same price I was, it was not that competitive vs a US vendor.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I think we both misinterpreted her statement- I believe the rep said that a client pays for the lab diamond, and then they cut the lab diamond. Pretty such she meant to suggest that they don’t have much inventory on hand in certain sizes or cuts.
Regardless, if @Morenita21 was offered the same price I was, it was not that competitive vs a US vendor.

Yes, but why would I pay for something, especially a MMD without seeing it? I’ll be shopping elsewhere.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock

She also said she can’t guarantee how the stone will come out - meaning cut, quality, Pavillion angle, crown angle, color.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
It has some nice arrows, and their video doesn’t show much if any yellow tint, but I’m really surprised how gray it faces it- not steely, just straight up gray.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oooooh, ugh I feel foolish. Haha I was so confused! But still, seems silly and odd to not have inventory in popular sizes. It's one thing to pay for moissy to be cut since it's less $$, but significantly worse if you spend a lot on a lab diamond and it doesnt come out the way you want. I would want to see the lab report, etc before buying.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has some nice arrows, and their video doesn’t show much if any yellow tint, but I’m really surprised how gray it faces it- not steely, just straight up gray.

Haha I like it, but wouldn't consider it a colorless stone. It would work if someone wanted a grey overtone!

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
One other thing that bothered me is that she said they are selling the MMD like crazy and can’t keep up with stock. I’m shocked given the quality of the stones she’s sent me to look at. I’m not going to rush a purchase unless it’s right.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Haha I like it, but wouldn't consider it a colorless stone. It would work if someone wanted a grey overtone!
I’ve heard of salt and pepper diamonds, and DBL sometimes has some ‘fancy grays’, but what would make something face up this gray? It is just the crown angle making it dark?

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it might just be the rough and the undertone of the stone is grey. I have been working with several vendors recently and I noticed a lot of diamonds from specific suppliers have a brown or grey undertone. This is found in mined diamonds too but it seems that some suppliers tend to produce more of these brown/grey tinted stones, rather than yellow or pink tinted stones.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it might just be the rough and the undertone of the stone is grey. I have been working with several vendors recently and I noticed a lot of diamonds from specific suppliers have a brown or grey undertone. This is found in mined diamonds too but it seems that some suppliers tend to produce more of these brown/grey tinted stones, rather than yellow or pink tinted stones.

Don't forget MMDs can also have blue undertones!

Quite the rainbow :lol: lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results