shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with this hallmark please?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I try not to post hallmark requests because I don’t want to be annoying! Bought this and yes it looks very much like a VanCraeynest band BUT it is marked 18k with a G in a triangle, at least that’s what I see.

Is there anything else this could be? Sometimes once you see something is hard to under it or see other possibilities. I’m still rather shocked it’s not a VC because the style is so similar, the first pic is the VC band taken from a post here on PS.

5D163938-1F1E-46FC-B2FF-91D285966299.jpeg
FE5C0914-D701-4876-BDCA-F3DB0F6F7114.jpeg A90CC062-F813-46D2-8AF2-A92F744E439D.jpeg DC62EAE6-2B60-4BC0-8F1C-F03487529039.jpeg 81DBAD1C-A608-40FC-B453-FE4B830A550D.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so weird. The band looks identical to VC but that definitely isnt their stamp. I cant find what mark that is even with a brief search which is odd.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You see my dilemma @lovedogs? I wonder if someone made a copy of the 920 but even so this isn’t a new ring so I should be able to find the maker.

DH always says I find the only one of something in the world and it seems he is right!

On a total tangent, did you see the VC set GildedLane had on IG? It sold maybe a week or two ago and then it was back yesterday and sold again in a flash. Didn’t even have a chance to message you since it was already gone by the time I saw it!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You see my dilemma @lovedogs? I wonder if someone made a copy of the 920 but even so this isn’t a new ring so I should be able to find the maker.

DH always says I find the only one of something in the world and it seems he is right!

On a total tangent, did you see the VC set GildedLane had on IG? It sold maybe a week or two ago and then it was back yesterday and sold again in a flash. Didn’t even have a chance to message you since it was already gone by the time I saw it!

Lol I messaged her and someone else got it first. But it is a PSer and I'm happy for them:)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I try not to post hallmark requests because I don’t want to be annoying! Bought this and yes it looks very much like a VanCraeynest band BUT it is marked 18k with a G in a triangle, at least that’s what I see.

Is there anything else this could be? Sometimes once you see something is hard to under it or see other possibilities. I’m still rather shocked it’s not a VC because the style is so similar, the first pic is the VC band taken from a post here on PS.

5D163938-1F1E-46FC-B2FF-91D285966299.jpeg
FE5C0914-D701-4876-BDCA-F3DB0F6F7114.jpeg A90CC062-F813-46D2-8AF2-A92F744E439D.jpeg DC62EAE6-2B60-4BC0-8F1C-F03487529039.jpeg 81DBAD1C-A608-40FC-B453-FE4B830A550D.jpeg

Could it be that they sold some of their molds to another jeweler?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could it be that they sold some of their molds to another jeweler?

Hmm not sure, I emailed them to ask about it. That’s probably crazy but I’m out of ideas! Thanks for the suggestion though, didn’t think of that possibility.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very beautiful! Another fabulous find, @YadaYadaYada
Regardless of the mark.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys, I just got an email from the CEO at Van Craeynest!!!! He said:

“There is a chance the G represents Granat Brothers. Van Craeynest I believe got many dies from Granat Brothers at some point in the past”

So that is kind of exciting!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys, I just got an email from the CEO at Van Craeynest!!!! He said:

“There is a chance the G represents Granat Brothers. Van Craeynest I believe got many dies from Granat Brothers at some point in the past”

So that is kind of exciting!

Yayyyy!!!! That makes sense. Bc the ring would be the best copy ever, which just generally isnt possible given the specific aesthetic of VC

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yayyyy!!!! That makes sense. Bc the ring would be the best copy ever, which just generally isnt possible given the specific aesthetic of VC

I agree and not because I want it to be an authentic VC (although that would be great) but I haven’t found a band like this anywhere with a design like the 920. It is still a mystery though because Granat Brothers hallmark doesn’t match mine.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aha!
So VC got dies from Granat brothers......I wasn't so far off!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to come back and update this thread. The final verdict after some discussion with VC (super people btw) is that this band was made by Granat Brothers.

A little bummed because it is too small for me but I was thinking if it was a VC they could resize it. No such luck, it does fit my thumb though. I’m going to hang on to it anyways because it is a pretty band and well made.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forgot to come back and update this thread. The final verdict after some discussion with VC (super people btw) is that this band was made by Granat Brothers.

A little bummed because it is too small for me but I was thinking if it was a VC they could resize it. No such luck, it does fit my thumb though. I’m going to hang on to it anyways because it is a pretty band and well made.

Thumbs are fingers too and deserve to be pretty !

I quite like the occasional thumb ring and i think this ring is definatly up to the job !

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I still love it. What size is it? Might I call dibs if you decide to sell? :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still love it. What size is it? Might I call dibs if you decide to sell? :lol:

I think it’s a 7.5 because I can squeeze it on but my finger looks like a water balloon! I’ll give you first right of refusal ;-)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s a 7.5 because I can squeeze it on but my finger looks like a water balloon! I’ll give you first right of refusal ;-)

My size ;-) thanks!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results