shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with this asscher stone

theladyfifi

Rough_Rock
Hi all. I am hoping for some advice on this asscher cut in my local jewellers.

VS1
F/G
£7000/$10200

The stone is second hand but it is in a new setting.

Any advice on this would be gratefully received. Thanks.

img_4426__1_.jpg img_4425__1_.jpg img_4424.jpg img_4423__1_.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pass.

Seems to have a big table, a tilt window, and unless those last few photos are taken in a yellow rokn it doesn't look near colorless.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
don't look good. The color is nowhere near F/G... :rolleyes: + don't see much steps on the stone...PASS!

theladyfifi

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your replies. I was a little dubious about this one and you have confirmed my suspicions.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
no way is that stone F/G. Are they blind?

Pass.

RockBrat

Shiny_Rock
Good pass. Honestly it doesn't even look like a real diamond to me. I'm sure it is real, but it looks like a simulant. Which is never a good sign.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others, and it is very overpriced considering it just can't be F-G color.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Faceting is bad too. Pass.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Remember that a D color diamond will look yellow in yellow lighting, its hard to judge the color grade of a diamond if not under Daylight equivalent diamond grading lamps :cheeky:

Just a little disclaimer to the people trying to judge diamonds color from photos ,

Look forward to seeing the ASETs on these Asschers its hard to find an Asscher with better cut grade than AGS 2

theladyfifi

Rough_Rock
I did take the stone outside and in natural lighting it was indeed colourless. I think it was the bad lighting inside the jewellers that was casting the yellow hue.

Gypsy, thank you for taking the time to recommend some stones and they are lovely, however it is a second hand stone I am looking for and preferably an antique one. This is proving to be very difficult and as such I am wondering whether or not to opt for an antique cushion instead.

ringo865 - Grace does indeed have a nice selection but I am based in the UK and due to import tax and ease, I feel I would be better locating one here in the UK....unless anyone begs to differ?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results