shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with this ASET image

terp4life

Rough_Rock
Currently in the market for a square radiant. I know that radiants aren't great ASET performers, but this looks like it has way too much green in it. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

ASET.jpg

Sarin.jpg

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
Im no expert either but that is alot of green, and not much red (or light from sources above). Not alot of contrast either.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actual pic? I am looking at the mush under the table (those areas of haze w/o clear facet outlines)... mush in photos translates into mush IRL - you won't get clear, distinct flashes of light from these areas.

Re. ASET... it isn't a good tool for selection, more elimination - and it's of course difficult to eliminate without a benchmark (which you will not find w/ radiant shape).

Remember that ASET evaluation is only useful at that specific configuration of stone & scope, IRL the stone is going to be constantly in motion and without at least a full scan, more pictures from various angles (or better, video) we can't say what facets or areas of stone will be red, green, blue, black at other angles.

As such I'm less concerned with the amount of red/green/blue and more with the distribution - stone pulling light from different environments that adds interest when you look at it, the way a chessboard or zebra stripes or greyscale picture are more interesting than an objectively brighter sheet of blank white paper, and how that distribution changes (which we don't have info on for this stone).

terp4life

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input, Yssie. Here are some pics of it. VS2 H

Looks more old style than modern to me.

Anyone know of any reliable retailers for radiant cuts? This process has been rather stressful. Too much variances in these radiant stones. She wants square, but something different from the regular princesses. That's why we gravitated towards the radiant.

I've looked at a bunch already. Feel like throwing in the towel. :(

DI40X_GIA2131283334.jpg

DI40XG_GIA2131283334.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not think I would personally be happy with the patterning, but I am not you, what do YOU think? If you like the way it looks in the still pic (forget the ASET for now) have WF ship it out to you to look at in person, see what your eyes think.

Finding the "perfect fancy" for your tastes can take a long time - as you have observed, there is little standardization as with rounds! If you want square brilliant but don't want to deal with the variations you might look into some branded shapes, they will cost more (brand & precision cutting premium) but you can at least be sure of what you're getting. Good Old Gold has a variety of branded square shapes other than regular princesses - square H&A, jubilee/Brelia (I think that's the name?). There's also BGD's Quadex.

If you just want 'square' there are square emeralds as well, and the Octavia (with which I am completely smitten, also at GOG) :sun:

terp4life

Rough_Rock

paulhung

Rough_Rock
Trade
Ask GoG to recommend you some radiants,

let them know what kind of radiants you're looking for too and they can provide you videos etc, it would be very helpful when it comes to radiants/cushions.

Greens in the Aset is never always bad, though the first one has really too much of it. But greens have very interesting fire performance when viewed at angles :)

terp4life

Rough_Rock
slg47|1316032245|3017645 said:
I would contact GOG for radiant cuts. They even custom-cut one for someone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U6g90zI1hw

paulhung|1316082690|3018069 said:
Ask GoG to recommend you some radiants,

let them know what kind of radiants you're looking for too and they can provide you videos etc, it would be very helpful when it comes to radiants/cushions.

Greens in the Aset is never always bad, though the first one has really too much of it. But greens have very interesting fire performance when viewed at angles :)

Will do. Their inventory seems to be quite small, but I will contact them to see what they can do for me.

Thanks for the advice!

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
terp4life|1316053006|3017931 said:
farmer gal|1316032893|3017659 said:

Is that an X-Factor? Looks very nice! At .94, its smaller than what I've been looking for. Visually, how much of a difference would you see in a 1.05 vs. this .94? Folks have told me that buying shy save money. Any type of setting to make it look a bit larger?

Thanks!

Its not so much the ct weight but the spread. Look at the length x width measurements for an idea of how large it will look face up.

The original one posted at 1.05ct is 5.64x5.75x3.76
The WF expert selection stone linked to is 0.941ct and measures 5.58x5.57x3.91

I think the difference visually (size-wise) would be very negligible. They do have a different looking cut though where the WF stone looks like a princess with trimmed corners so you'll have to decide which look is for you ;-)

Good luck!

terp4life

Rough_Rock
smokey99|1316108631|3018282 said:
terp4life|1316053006|3017931 said:
farmer gal|1316032893|3017659 said:

Is that an X-Factor? Looks very nice! At .94, its smaller than what I've been looking for. Visually, how much of a difference would you see in a 1.05 vs. this .94? Folks have told me that buying shy save money. Any type of setting to make it look a bit larger?

Thanks!

Its not so much the ct weight but the spread. Look at the length x width measurements for an idea of how large it will look face up.

The original one posted at 1.05ct is 5.64x5.75x3.76
The WF expert selection stone linked to is 0.941ct and measures 5.58x5.57x3.91

I think the difference visually (size-wise) would be very negligible. They do have a different looking cut though where the WF stone looks like a princess with trimmed corners so you'll have to decide which look is for you ;-)

Good luck!

10-4 good buddy. Thanks. I see what you're saying about the dimensions. They should be very close in size b/c it's a perfect 1 to 1 ratio.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results