shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with these F VS2 diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
Hubby & I have come up with a list of 5 diamonds. We're not positive that the "perfect" diamond is in this bunch.

I'm at a stand still on 2 of the diamonds.. both are round F VS2 super ideal cut GIA.
Here's their info:
DIAMOND #1
price $6908
1.01 carat weight
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
6.48 X 6.51 X 3.96
Table: 56
Depth: 61.0
Crown angle 34.4
Pavilion Angle 41.0
Pavilion depth: 43.1
Crown height: 14.6
Culet: .7
Girdle 1.7
Ex/Ex
No fluorescence

DIAMOND #2
price $7387
1.08 carat weight
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
6.65 X 6.68 X 4.06
Table: 55
Depth: 60.9
Crown angle 34.2
Pavilion Angle 41.0
Pavilion depth: 43.1
Crown height: 14.7
Culet: .7
Girdle 1.3
Ex/Ex
No fluorescence

Is one any better than the other, or is it too close to call? I'll be posting the Bscopes for both diamonds. Let me know if you need any more info.
TIA
Heather

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
Here's the Bscope for diamond #1

1706bscope.jpg

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
Bscope for diamond #2

1725bscope.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well both stones look like they would be very beautiful. Just out of curiousity, when you say SuperIdeal GIA cut...Im assuming you mean that these are ACA or SuperbCert or similar stones?

Anyway I ran the HCA scores and they both scored very well, the first stone scoring a 1.6 TIC EX VG VG VG and the second stone scoring a 1.4 TIC EX VG VG VG.

From the Bscope views above I personally think the 2nd stone looks like it'd be more impressive, but I am sure these stones also come with animated bscope views of the stone? Which appeals more to your eye? The difference in price is minimal, I'd get the 2nd stone, its larger and the bscope image looks better to me, with all bars closer to going off the chart (always good!). Can you post the bscope animated image screenshot, or one of the animated images?

I find it interesting that you noted you are not sure if the 'perfect' stone is within your bunch of 5. Now, perfect being relative and all...I know it's an opinion based idea. But...between these 2...they sound pretty darn close to 'perfect' to me. What is your concern?

Good luck!!
1.gif

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
LOL Yeah the cat is out of the bag. Yes, we are looking at Superbcert diamonds. All the diamonds are perfect, that's why it is so hard to settle on just one. That's what I meant. It's a hard decision when spending so much money on such a small thing.
rolleyes.gif

I agree with your opinion about the second diamond being the better choice of those 2.

Taking that into account, what do you think of this diamond compared to diamond #2?

DIAMOND #3
price $7906
1.26 carat weight
Color: E
Clarity: SI1
6.99 X 7.01 X 4.26
Table: 56
Depth: 60.9
Crown angle 34.3
Pavilion Angle 41.0
Pavilion depth: 43.2
Crown height: 14.7
Culet: .5
Girdle 1.4
Ex/Ex
No fluorescence

Heather
1.gif

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
Here's the Bscope for Diamond #3. Can anyone tell me exactly what the different light views mean?

Heather

1648bscope.jpg

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
Here's the animated Bscope for DIAMOND #2

1725b2.jpg

optimized

Shiny_Rock
Hi Heather,

Looks like you've found some stunning stones there! I can tell you from my own experience with SuperbCert that the diamonds really are quite remarkable.

As far as the five light views goes, they are the standard positions that the BScope measures from. Essentially, the BScope passes a light source across a predetermined arc across the face of the diamond, and takes digital images of the diamond at five predetermined positions along that arc. It then calculates the amount of white/colored light present at each position and the difference in light, and in turn creates the bar graphs based on those calculations. As Mara mentioned though, it's also very important to look at the "animated" BScope results to get a better idea of what the overall performance is.

-Tim

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Heather--
Well stone #3 looks pretty good too! The HCA score is 1.5 EX VG VG VG VG so no real differentiating help there.

I think at this point you are just splitting hairs on the actual 'performance' of the stone and it may come down to budget and/or size of stone. I see that with stone #3 you have upped the ctw to 1.26 and taken the clarity down to SI1 for a similar amount to stone #2 originally. The color is still excellent at E...and if SuperbCert guarantees the stone is 100% eye clean, you could get a much bigger stone for an excellent amount of $$.

When it comes down to analyzing the Bscope results and animations..it does get really difficult and this is why I say you may be splitting hairs. Also throw in the HCA scores of all 3 stones and they are extremely similar as well. Just be careful to not overanalyze small bits of information (e.g. oh that one light image looks more blue than this other one, what does that mean?), as these stones will all most likely perform pretty similarly when viewed to your naked eye. That said, it may be a choice of..yes we like the larger stone, yes its eye clean, yes the bscope animation looks very good (they both do)..etc.

On the Bscope too..it sometimes is a matter of preference as to what appeals to you more. Stone #3 looks a little more 'clean' in that the arrows are more visible in the pictures taken, and the flashes of blue and yellow are more crisp than #2. But will that be noticeable when the stone is flashing in the sun at a quick rate? Probably not! Will you even want to see that level of definition in your stone? Probably not..you may like the quick blurry flashes of color and light as opposed to the crisp colors with edges to them. One may look warmer and the other too cold. (does that make sense?)

Anyway at this point, all your stones look pretty good, and your eye is obviously discriminating so you probably just need to make the final decision based on your gut.

Good luck!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results