shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with the CUT ???

marierca

Rough_Rock
I just bought a new oval diamond ring (photos are posted previously).

In the Laboratory Report, there is no mention of the overall assessement of the CUT? Fair, good or VG.

Based on the information below, is it possible to know the overall assessement of the cut for the diamond?:confused:

thanks Girls !!!

Here's are the specification of the diamond:

Weight: 91 points
shape and cut: Oval
Measurements: 7.01 - 5.09*3.77 m

Proportions:

Total Depth: 74.1%
Table width: 54%
Crown Height: 17%
Pavillon Depth: 52%
Girdle Thickness: Slightly Thick, Faceted

Finish:

Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Culet: none

Clarity Grade: Si1
Color Grade: D
Fluo: none

_294.jpg

_295.jpg

_297.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I'm not sure how to assess that, but the symmetry is graded VG (very good), so that must stand for something! :) From what I can tell, it looks like a beautiful diamond! The bowtie effect is something that is not very desired in ovals...doesn't look like yours has that, so that's good. If it looks like a beautiful cut to you, that's all that matters. Is there any way you could post a pic more straight-on (view looking straight down at the diamond) so we can see the faceting better?

Congrats on a beautiful ring! :appl:

singer

Brilliant_Rock
By the way, I love the setting! I'm a sucker for a halo with a plain shank! :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We'd need better pics of the stone and, ideally an ASET. With ovals it's not about the numbers. It's about how well it returns light and the arrangement of the facets so close up pics of the faceting and an ASET are the best tools for that evaluation.

It looks very pretty though and the setting is just lovely.

marierca

Rough_Rock
thanks !!! hrd to take good pictures with blackberry !

What do you think about the match with the eternity ring ?

looks good to me but, I have not seem a lot of halo ring matched with eternity ring that have diamonds with a different size than the halo...

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
marierca said:
thanks !!! hrd to take good pictures with blackberry !

What do you think about the match with the eternity ring ?

looks good to me but, I have not seem a lot of halo ring matched with eternity ring that have diamonds with a different size than the halo...

Your new ring is gorgeous! :appl: I'll be honest though (since you asked =) ), I much prefer the oval ring with your plain milgrain band (posted in your other thread). I think the eternity band sits up too high off of the finger to be a good match with this ring. And it might look better if the diamonds in the band were smaller...

marierca

Rough_Rock
thanks again !!

Now...I will have to go back shopping for a true solitaire just for my eternity ring !!!! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results