shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with table depth etc for cushion cuts..Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi I need help deciphering table/depth % for cushion cut diamonds...I am looking for 1.5-2c stone...D-H If-VS2 (SI1)

I have found some e-vendors (and on live one) who have the cushions...I need to know what to look for in table/depth etc to get the best stone...

Oh and I plan to set it in Yellow gold...is colour less/more of an issue with that...

Thanks

di
confused.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Diane. I'm assuming you're talking about modern cushion cuts, as opposed to antique cushion cuts.

The closest thing I can think of for guidance would be the AGA Cut Class chart for emerald cuts and radiant cuts at:

http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt3.htm

Although not the perfect grid for cushion cuts, the three cuts do have a lot in common in what makes some better performers than others.

Another tool you might consider using in your search would be the IdealScope. It's an excellent tool for helping the layperson eliminate poor performers. You can purchase one for $30 (including calibration CZ) through the menu at the top of your screen.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi thanks for the response...I had looked at AGA but did not see cushions...but I will look again at the radiant specs.

Cushions are hard to find...several e-tailers have them...and I did find a local jeweler (Boston) that had one and will get more for me to look at...I like the hands on approach...

The one I looked at was 1.82 G SI1...I couldn't see any flaws with naked eye...nor with loupe...I am not good at it...I don't recall but I don't believe it had a GIA cert...and I have no other numbers on it...

I am planning on doing lots more looking...both on the net and in person...and getting appraisals as needed...

I have a decent budget to spend on the ring...so I am hopint to find 1.5-2 with >H color

Any thought on where else to look for cushions

thanks for your help

di
read.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
Any thought on where else to look for cushions
-----------

Here's some interesting photos of cushion cuts, and cushion "like" cuts, in the following order:

"Cushette"
Hearts On Fire "Dream"
"Lucere"
"Regent"

Not an all inclusive list, but just what I had handy in photos...

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
HI thanks for the info/pics...I had seen most of those at least on line...but not the regent...I will look that up...

Old mine cuts might be an option as well...they are cushiony...

Thanks

di
wavey.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi I looked into the Regents...and they look great...

Thanks

diane

calgary

Rough_Rock
whoops!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results