shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Symmetry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tyke

Rough_Rock
I posted these measurements earlier and Rough Rock was kind enough to repl (thank you). He mentioned that the symmetry was slightly off but probably not enough for me to notice. Can someone please help me to understand that. Is he saying that the girdle is not of the right size? I''m sorry I''m so confused, I thought I was starting to understand some of this stuff. Thanks in advance........

1.35 carats
H - VS2
Ideal Cut
56% Table
61.1% depth
Crown 13.9%
Pavillion 42.9%
Measurements 7.20x7.07x4.36
EGL certified

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2005 11:49:56 PM
Author:tyke
I posted these measurements earlier and Rough Rock was kind enough to repl (thank you). He mentioned that the symmetry was slightly off but probably not enough for me to notice. Can someone please help me to understand that. Is he saying that the girdle is not of the right size? I''m sorry I''m so confused, I thought I was starting to understand some of this stuff. Thanks in advance........

1.35 carats
H - VS2
Ideal Cut
56% Table
61.1% depth
Crown 13.9%
Pavillion 42.9%
Measurements 7.20x7.07x4.36
EGL certified
better symmetry would be something like 7.20x7.19 the numbers should closely match.

tyke

Rough_Rock
Thank you Belle. What is the effect on the stone? Is it color, brilliance, or something else? Thanks!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyke
ask the vendor for a sarin scan.at least that will tell you more about the cut quality.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2005 11:57:40 PM
Author: tyke
Thank you Belle. What is the effect on the stone? Is it color, brilliance, or something else? Thanks!
the best diamonds are cut for optimum light return. simply put, to have a well cut diamond, all of the angles (crown, pavilion etc.) must work together. one of the factors of this working together is symmetry. if the stone is symmetrical and the angles are precise, light is going to be more effectively reflected back to your eye (less light leakage).

here is a computer generated version of what this stone might look like through an idealscope with different lxw measurements.
the stone on the left is 7.20x7.20x4.55 the stone on the right is 7.20x7.07x4.55

you can see the leakage of the stone on the right as noted by the white areas.

symmetrycompare.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results