carat
color
clarity

Help with side stone proportions

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I found this ring and wondering if anyone knows the source image, that might have details, or can help me with the proportions. I have no information about the ring, but I love the proportion of the center stone to the side stones. The halo stones and side stones seem equal to my eye.

Anyone hazard a guess on the relative proportions in mm between the center and sides stones? ring_i.jpg

Thanks a bunch!

ring_i.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a photo from lang antiques I believe, based on the background.

I need to know the mm size of the stone or shank before I can guess that size of the melee

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was a great lead! :clap: I totally see that the background and photos style match perfectly.

I found the ring in their archive. The center stone is 0.84 carats, European Cut (6.24 x 6.05 x 3.22). They list the 22 side stones as 0.50 carat total weight, Round Brilliant Cut. So, if I can still do math, that makes each side stone about .02 carats. That would make them 1.7 mm. So, the side stones are 27% of the center stone. Did I do that correctly?

Link to ring: http://www.langantiques.com/84-carat-center-estate-diamond-engagement-ring.html

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results