shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with settings now

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alamb

Rough_Rock
First of all, thank you for all your help on choosing a diamond. We did finally decide on this and are going to have it independantly appraised.
Stone

Now, for a setting, I really would like to have emerald cut on the side, because I love EC's and I think they are a different look with a round center. There are a few things I really like and I was wondering your opinion on which you liked best:

Coast Diamond Setting - I would do it without the yellow gold, I'm just a platinum girl. The picture doesn't really do it justice in my opinion, I've seen it in person and it is actually very simple and elegant looking.

Toby Rhinehart Setting - I can't tell if they are emerald cuts or not but I like it. Do you think it is too busy?

T Foster Jewelers - BeaudryBabe's ring - Scroll down to the 3-stone w/round center. Hope you don't mind BeaudryBabe - I love your ring.

Just looking for thoughts and opinions on what you like best!

Thanks.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Wow Allison! You are one lucky Gal! That stone is to-die-for!

With such a gorgeous stone, I think your ring needs to be about the diamond, not about the setting. Simpler is better when you have such a screaming stone. The EC''s on either side in a nice idea, but it''s not necessary.

About the settings you linked - the Toby Rhinehart setting looks like step-cut trapezoids, not EC''s. I actually like the traps a little better. Brilliant trapezoids might look cool too. I like the band on the T. Foster setting, with the baguettes, but again, not necessary.

I''d just really hate to see you detract from that center stone with a bunch of other unnecessary diamonds. Ok, if you had a J/K I1 diamond and felt you needed to compensate, fine, but this diamond can stand by itself. I guess it''s a matter of personal preference. I hope you find something you like!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have tried on a Coast ring almost exactly like the Toby Rhinheart. It has side trapeziods. There are many Coast settings that are in the catalog and not on the website. I''d check that out before you decide. That said, I do like the Coast setting you showed us, and with a 3 ct. stone, I don''t really think you need the side traps. So I''d probably choose the Coast setting you listed.

alamb

Rough_Rock
Hi starryeyed - Thanks, I know I am one lucky gal. When DH and I got married 10 years ago, we were in a much different financial situation that we are today. We''ve been talking about doing this for our 10 anniversary for the past three years so I am excited that it is finally here!! In any case, when we originally started looking at 2.5-3 ct stone, I thought I would get a plain band to just show off the diamond and not overdo it with anything else. However, everytime I tried on a ring with sidestones, I liked the way the sidestones balanced the center stone on my hand filling up the whole width of my finger. DH thinks maybe I should just wear it as a solitaire for a year or two until I figure out what I want because I keep changing my mind and I''ve been looking like crazy.

diamondseeker2006 - I''ve actually only seen the coast setting in person, the other two I''ve just seen on the computer. It''s funny, I never would have picked that one from the picture, but I tried it on with a 3 ct. center stone just like mine and I loved the EC''s on the side. I''m not sure on the other two how they would look on my hand w/ the EC''s going the other way, but they do look good on the computer. I think the toby one does have traps not ec''s it was just hard to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results