shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Setting

lilsebastian

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I'm trying to figure out what I want in a setting for a right-hand ring. Sapphire center (thinking asscher or cushion), ~5mm. Would like tapered baguettes on either side. It must be pretty low profile.

I like the idea of a half/semi-bezel--something like this (but the side stones are different/center stone here is much bigger): https://www.victorbarbone.com/products/asscher-cut-diamond-engagement-ring-baguettes-1

Is that possible with a tapered baguette? I can't find an example setting that has this, so I'm unsure

I don't love the basket/setting (not 100% sure of terminology here) of that example--I like this better: https://i.etsystatic.com/30799489/r/il/6f5c7f/3603647483/il_794xN.3603647483_c3n6.jpg However, that's just a random Etsy ring, so I don't know that it's well made/is good from a structural perspective. I don't think that the tapered baguettes could be set like those side stones, but I wonder if the main stone could be, and then the side stones differently somehow?

Please send any/all thoughts! I'm also open to a non-bezel setting, though I would want to avoid prongs next to each other. A bar setting on the baguettes might work? I also don't want to have to lift the main stone to make room for the side stones to hide the edge if at all possible since a low profile is really important to me.

Thanks in advance!

lilsebastian

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much! I like that!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
@Eli22 just had her remount done by David Klass, you should check it out!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Here’s a gorgeous ring from Single Stone with tapered baguettes.

Btw, your 2nd inspo pic was one of my favorites when I was researching my emerald cut reset.

13C54239-9B53-49E8-B82F-A38DAE1DA047.jpeg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results