shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with setting for emerald cut LGD

springsparkle

Shiny_Rock
I just received my 3.53 GVS1 emerald cut LGD from Ritani yesterday and it’s love! Now I need to choose a setting for it. Most likely in platinum or white gold. I thought I wanted a three stone to increase the finger coverage, but I really do prefer a one stone/solitaire look. I love bezels and vintage styles. Love the look of halos but I don’t want a super blingy one, so that the attention goes to the center stone. I have these styles saved from Caysie. I’m leaning towards the milgrain bezel style. Maybe even without those side diamonds. Would love your thoughts and suggestions for any other settings!

69622352-4B90-47A7-A504-C2F053908575.jpeg D1A59FB1-1D56-4B01-A6F0-08D1DC7351E6.jpeg 5B794D1E-5911-4E2A-B7CD-E5282C446B24.png

TinsieCat

Rough_Rock
I feel like the bezel kind of takes away from the stone. Could you do a hidden halo? One thing I learned from my current e-ring is that I should not have Oked my jewelers suggestions of doing cathedral with the band right against the side of the diamond as that caused a shadow and makes the diamond look “dark” on the sides, which makes me sad bc I know the light return on this was amazing before it was set. If i could go back, I would have asked them to raise the stone above the flanking band.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous. I second @TinsieCat in that I think anything around or next to it will detract from the stone itself. It looks pretty sizeable, so if it were me, I’d let it shine all by itself.

I tried on a 10ct + emerald cut at Sotheby’s and that had a hidden halo in the basket, it was a really pretty.

springsparkle

Shiny_Rock
@TinsieCat @Austina @Diamond Girl 21

Thank you for the suggestions! I really love the look of a solitaire with a hidden halo. If this was going to be my e-ring, I would definitely go in that direction. My e-ring is a solitaire though, and I’d like to wear this new anniversary ring on my right hand most of the time. Something in my brain doesn’t like the idea of wearing two solitaires at the same time ha! I like the idea of a bezel or three stone so that it looks less like a traditional e-ring!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
A 3.3ct Emerald cut with 2 0.5 emerald cut sides in platinum. Petal basket with tapered shank.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I would opt for a 3-stone with step cut traps or a leaner look with bullets.

DK :))

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
So many great ideas, you can't go wrong.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my favourite EC with traps setting, and I love it so much I had a 6ct+ Aquamarine and step cut Morganite traps all cut by Jeff White set into a ring with a plain band and not knife edge as seen in the inspiration ring pic:

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results