shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with ruby

OEClover

Rough_Rock
I'm much more of a diamond girl, but my parents 40th anniversary is coming up, and my father asked me to help him find a ruby for my mother to celebrate. He's looking to spend $1,000-1,500. I think he's looking to put it into a necklace - maybe with a spiral diamond halo (that's the next project after finding the right stone).

I found this ruby at Ivy and Rose: https://ivyandrose.com/products/1-1...-ruby-minor-heat-clean-oval-cut-natural-loose

And this one at Precision Gemstones: https://pristinegemstonejewelry.com/listing/768715535/natural-pinkish-red-ruby-july-birthstone

The Ivy and Rose one looks pretty, but potentially too included? I'd love some help or guidance in finding him a good stone. Thanks for any advice!

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Noting the ivy & rose ruby is listed as having minor residue. Do be mindful of that. It's pretty common to find in ruby stones, but it's why you can find pretty impressive looking rubies with a lower price:

The Pristine one doesn't mention anything about that, but it doesn't have a lab report.

Aesthetically, I like the red of the ivy & rose one. The Pristine one looks more pink sapphire to me.

OEClover

Rough_Rock
Noting the ivy & rose ruby is listed as having minor residue. Do be mindful of that. It's pretty common to find in ruby stones, but it's why you can find pretty impressive looking rubies with a lower price:

The Pristine one doesn't mention anything about that, but it doesn't have a lab report.

Aesthetically, I like the red of the ivy & rose one. The Pristine one looks more pink sapphire to me.

Thanks! Are there any other stones or vendors that you would recommend?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby color preference is very subjective. I like the color of the second one for a pendant.

voce

Ideal_Rock

Here's some other contenders, smaller in size but no clarity treatments, unlike Ivy & Rose. Also more friendly for wallet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results