shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with round pair for earrings

Perlas10

Rough_Rock
Hello! I'm starting the hunt for a pair of rounds and would love your help looking at whether 2 I found are a good option. I'm aiming for around 4-4.5cttw, D-F color, VS2+, HPHT. Ideally, would like to keep closer to $3k total but can go up to $4k. How do these 2 IGI stones look: LG618401209 and LG576330819? I was only able to find the video for the second stone and was unsure if there was a hint of blue nuance. Also, are the measurements too far off to be a good match? This is my first time looking for a matched pair and appreciate the help! Also open to any suggestions!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Can you post the certificates or at least the angles and the video? It would help people share their opinions.

And what a great new purchase! Yay!

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock

Second one looks like it has blue nuance. Measurements are way too far off to be a matching pair. Measurements typically need to be within 0.1 mm min to max for a matching pair.

Perlas10

Rough_Rock

Second one looks like it has blue nuance. Measurements are way too far off to be a matching pair. Measurements typically need to be within 0.1 mm min to max for a matching pair.

Thank you for finding both videos and for confirming the measurements are too far apart to work! Will keep looking - doesn't seem to be a lot of inventory at the moment.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for finding both videos and for confirming the measurements are too far apart to work! Will keep looking - doesn't seem to be a lot of inventory at the moment.

Are you online now?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

There may be subtle blue nuance in the second stone, but overall this pair is nice enough that I had to post it.

Perlas10

Rough_Rock
There may be subtle blue nuance in the second stone, but overall this pair is nice enough that I had to post it.

Thank you! Very much appreciate you looking for a pair for me. I had seen these and wasn't sure about the difference in table size being visible. I know this site's been recommended by several members but I'm having trouble getting the purchase to go through. Will try to contact them and see what the issue may be. Hopefully these two don't get sold as they look lovely!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Very much appreciate you looking for a pair for me. I had seen these and wasn't sure about the difference in table size being visible. I know this site's been recommended by several members but I'm having trouble getting the purchase to go through. Will try to contact them and see what the issue may be. Hopefully these two don't get sold as they look lovely!

You're very welcome! The difference in table size won't be visible to the naked eye. I hope you can get the order through!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo someone snagged that gorgeous pair at that incredible price! Hope it was you, @Perlas10! And if it was, please share pictures if you can! We love photos!

Perlas10

Rough_Rock
Oooo someone snagged that gorgeous pair at that incredible price! Hope it was you, @Perlas10! And if it was, please share pictures if you can! We love photos!

Sadly, it wasn't me. I had to step away and by the time I got back to my computer to try to resolve the payment issue they were gone. I'm still going to message them to try and figure out what the issue may have been so I'm ready to go next time.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no ... the payment issue might have been that they were already in the middle of being purchased? Lurkers here are so quick :x2

Perlas10

Rough_Rock
I've found another possible pair with a different vendor that I've purchased from before that I'm hoping the experts can take a look at. There doesn't seem to be a video for the first one, and the second looks like it may have blue nuance?
I'm not super comfortable with buying from Loose Grown Diamonds as they weren't able to tell me what the payment issue was (my bank didn't see anything wrong on their end) so looking to restrict to one of the more established vendors like Ritani, Frank Darling, Adiamor, etc.
How do folks feel about securing one diamond and then hunting for a match? Or does that become too difficult since you're locked into certain measurements and stats?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've found another possible pair with a different vendor that I've purchased from before that I'm hoping the experts can take a look at. There doesn't seem to be a video for the first one, and the second looks like it may have blue nuance?
I'm not super comfortable with buying from Loose Grown Diamonds as they weren't able to tell me what the payment issue was (my bank didn't see anything wrong on their end) so looking to restrict to one of the more established vendors like Ritani, Frank Darling, Adiamor, etc.
How do folks feel about securing one diamond and then hunting for a match? Or does that become too difficult since you're locked into certain measurements and stats?

The first one has blue nuance, and the second one's proportions are on the shallow side.

I think it's easier to find a match at the same time so you're not locked in to measurements.

Perlas10

Rough_Rock
The first one has blue nuance, and the second one's proportions are on the shallow side.

I think it's easier to find a match at the same time so you're not locked in to measurements.

Thanks for taking a look at them! Back to hunting. I'm curious how you found the video for the first stone? Neither the vendor nor Loupe 360 seem to have it.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for taking a look at them! Back to hunting. I'm curious how you found the video for the first stone? Neither the vendor nor Loupe 360 seem to have it.

Your Loupe360 link has a video for the first stone.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW, Alex Park has a pair of 3.8 tcw for $1700 today. I believe that includes setting. Decent angles, too. Not impeccable angles but at that price, the angles look pretty good lol

Perlas10

Rough_Rock
FWIW, Alex Park has a pair of 3.8 tcw for $1700 today. I believe that includes setting. Decent angles, too. Not impeccable angles but at that price, the angles look pretty good lol

Thanks for the heads up! Will take a look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results