shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Ring ID

jon Gibbons

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone
I recently dug up this ring whilst metal detecting a field in England, the field has often produced plenty of Victorian coinage.
There are no hallmarks on the ring. As you can imagine the ring is a bit worse for wear after being buried for sometime.
Can anyone help with an age, gemstones etc?

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
It’s a pretty ring design. The blue stone looks like a synthetic sapphire to me. I think it’s probably best to clean the ring up best as you can with a soft toothbrush and a drop of dish soap and take it to a jeweller who can acid test it for you.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect it’s costume jewelry. A ring made in Victorian England would be hallmarked if it were made of gold, silver, or platinum. The same is true of many other European countries. https://theassayoffice.co.uk/help-with-hallmarks/anatomy-of-a-hallmark
Remember that it would be in a jeweler’s or seller’s interest to stamp the metal content on a ring if it is made of a precious metal. Although it’s possible to find rings made of precious metal that don’t have some sort of stamp, it would be very unusual.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results