shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with reasonably priced CS

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
So I am using an old setting I hope to be able to swap the peg head out of and put something new in.

I am newish to coloured stones. Ideally I would like to spend about 200USD on a stone preferably in a rectangular/emerald or elongated cushion cut

The colours I really love are the green blue aquamarine type shades I have seen some very light emeralds and I think they are Tsvorites? In that kind of shade. Also love Tanzanite but don't think I can afford one of a reasonable size. Lavender spinels perhaps.

Ideally 2ct and upwards as I have largish hands.

Would love some recommendations if people can point me in the right direction of stones in my very modest budget. Perhaps there is a stone I have not thought of if those pale blue/green shades or violet/blue shades

Thank you

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I am using an old setting I hope to be able to swap the peg head out of and put something new in.

I am newish to coloured stones. Ideally I would like to spend about 200USD on a stone preferably in a rectangular/emerald or elongated cushion cut

The colours I really love are the green blue aquamarine type shades I have seen some very light emeralds and I think they are Tsvorites? In that kind of shade. Also love Tanzanite but don't think I can afford one of a reasonable size. Lavender spinels perhaps.

Ideally 2ct and upwards as I have largish hands.

Would love some recommendations if people can point me in the right direction of stones in my very modest budget. Perhaps there is a stone I have not thought of if those pale blue/green shades or violet/blue shades

Thank you

Tourmaline, sky blue topaz, blue zircon...tourmaline is a good place to look imho
I'm sure more suggestions will come soon. :)

Do you want natural only or looking at lab created also? Ok with treatments like heat etc?

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

I would prefer natural but happy with treatments

Thanks

Rare gem lover

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You should be able to find a lab created emerald on etsy for that budget. Topaz is always an option for 200 or less.The budget is a bit low for a good Tourmaline, aqua or spinel for 2 carats but if you search really hard and give it some time, a decent find can come around for 200.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @Rare gem lover I am not in a massive rush at all. Perhaps a lab created Emerald is a good idea although I love those green blue aquas.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think if you are willing to wait then this shouldnt be a problem. Zircon, Topaz and Tourmaline will all be available in that price range. For example you'll probably have no trouble finding this colour of zircon for arround $200

https://www.mastercutgems.com/Produ...ian_Natural_Zircon_4_01_ct-Gem.php?FromPage=6

Just keep an eye on mastercutgems, litnon, acstones and Jeff Davies ebay page. One of them will eventually list something suitable.

Caveat, most of the stones are irradiated, or heated. For instance tanzanite rarely comes out of the ground blue, it is heated to produce that colour. Topaz is almost always irradiated to turn it blue. And aquamarine and zircon are typically heated (or heated and irradiated?). In some case it can even be impossible to detect some of these treatments. Emerald is a shocker too, in this price range you would expect it to be heavily treated or synthetic. I feel like someone else here can probably give you better information, as I am struggling to remember and no longer have time to cross check. But some treatment should be expected.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for all that info @qubitasaurus that is really helpful.

Yes I imagine they will be heavily treated which is not a real problem for me. I adore tanzanite and had a 5ct one I purchased in India but it fell out of the setting sadly.

Can’t spring for another one at the prices I pay here in Australia. I would love an Aqua it is my 19th wedding anniversary next year hmmmm

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tanzanite shouldn't be expensive, I think there are a lot of people here who can help you find some (I'd fail miserably as all I know is ajs gems and paraiba international -- and neither has extensive inventory).

Aquamarine will probably be more difficult to be honest. It is popular at the moment (I think due to the royal wedding). But actually even then I think you will have options

https://yavorskyy.com/collections/gemstones/products/aquamarine-3-16-cts

(note the tilt window on this one though, so would still look around.)

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @strawrose I spent quite awhile in that store it’s gorgeous

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
D4AA0E90-B5C5-4429-9677-38E08AD030A6.jpeg 54FEC771-592B-47CB-9DA9-39DD754EFA8C.jpeg 924F543C-91F4-4046-B73C-B0360773E031.jpeg 48766C23-C697-4491-8CC9-6B67498A7674.jpeg
I saw this untreated Aquamarine which I like as it has the greenish tone that the untreated ones have but I know nothing about cut etc. it is quite cheap for its size which is over 5ct Not sure what anyone can tell from the pictures

Any thoughts

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results