shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with question about setting repair

K8tlynS

Rough_Rock
Hello all-

I recently purchased an original art deco sapphire right-hand ring from Etsy. I am going to get the ring appraised tomorrow to make sure I got a proper deal. I really, really love the ring. I love the depth/tone of the sapphire and how it seems to glow from within. I also really love the style of the setting. However, when I opened the ring I was kinda sad to see that the bezel is significantly more imperfect on one side of the ring when compared to the other. Also, it seems like the girdle of the stone is exposed on the side of the bezel that is more munched. I like everything else abut the setting. Is this something I could have easily repaired without risking damage to the sapphire? I would like to not be able to see the girdle of the stone on the one side, as it seems like the girdle is pretty rough/damaged(?). I would greatly appreciate any recommendations as to who might be able to help me with this repair. I am located in the SF Bay Area. Thanks so much in advance!

img_12743.jpg

img_12744.jpg

img_12745.jpg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, someone with gem setting experience will answer this properly, but my thoughts are that the setting will be difficult to repair. The sapphire will probably need to be removed from the top as the under gallery is enclosed so they can't slip it out the bottom. However, It may be that the edges of the bezel can be gently worked downwards to better cover the edge of the sapphire but only a jeweller can answer your query after examine the setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results