shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with proportions for a three stone OEC ring

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking that I would really love to have a 3 stone design OEC ring similar to Coatimundi's gorgeous ring. I wear a size 6.5 and would want the end stones to be only slightly graduated in size. I would bezel set in the high carat gold.

Opinions, thoughts?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds delish. I'd aim for one 6mm and two 5mm stones. Girl, do you know what a challenge it will be to find three matched OECs?

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1327210465|3108608 said:
Sounds delish. I'd aim for one 6mm and two 5mm stones. Girl, do you know what a challenge it will be to find three matched OECs?
I agree with the measurements Dreamer gave. I would check with OWD or Singlestone, maybe they could source matching diamonds.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1327210465|3108608 said:

Yes, I know. You want to help me? :naughty: You and Gypsy seem to have become pretty good at it!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bright Ice are you subscribed to this feed? If so, I have an ebay link for you for a ring that has three stones already to go in those sizes ;-) I will post it for you. Seller is really nice. But its an auction, so if I post it here, it may bring out the lurkers and could drive up the price!

ETA: Once you tell me to post it here, I will, and then if you like it message the seller and ask him to end the auction early, you can likely even offer a little less than his asking. Ring has been relisted many times, so I suspect he will sell outright rather than waiting if you contact him.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1327212297|3108624 said:
Bright Ice are you subscribed to this feed? If so, I have an ebay link for you for a ring that has three stones already to go in those sizes ;-) I will post it for you. Seller is really nice. But its an auction, so if I post it here, it may bring out the lurkers and could drive up the price!

I am here, go with it please!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
:))

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I saw it and do think I may check it out. Delete please

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I note that on the appraisal listed, it says note; internal inclusion breaking the surface?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

You might want to edit the link out of your quote to me unless you don't mind others seeing the listing :))

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
bright ice|1327213134|3108630 said:
I note that on the appraisal listed, it says note; internal inclusion breaking the surface?

Yes, I don't know what that would indicate but something to ask the seller about. Could be naturals, could be feathers, who knows? If you want to source your own stones like this you take some chances, no doubt. But to buy those three stones from OWD would likely be about $6k for the center and another $3k per side stone, so a lot more money ;)) But do your due diligence! That is why you want to ask lots of questions of the seller and make sure there is a return period. Most sellers are willing to allow a return period if you make an offer contingent on that, and yes, you can make an offer on an auction like this! Just make sure all your communication with the seller is through ebay since then it is all recorded, including any assertions the seller might make. Helps if you have to get ebay involved in a dispute.

Coatis ring I think is a .60ct and two .45ct stones or thereabouts, so perhaps 5.5mm and 4.5mm. She has a small finger!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is another option. LINK REMOVED (I think it's the same one Dreamer linked you to) She had it listed for 3000 a few weeks ago, so I would message her and ask her if her price is negotiable. Since her pics don't show the faceting very well and one of the sidestones has an inclusion that does break the surface according to the appraisal, I would negotiate a 3 day (minimum) return policy and see what you think of it in person.

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
BrightIce - yummy idea! I'm eager to see how you'll go about the setting once you've got the stones picked. Good luck in your search!

PS - what size are you, for perspective's sake?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm not much help in the hunting dept. but I wanted to say that I love Coati's ring and yours will be gorgeous! I am a bit jealous!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bring this thread back up to ask this.

If you were doing a three stone bezel ring in high kt gold (similar to Coati's) with all stones fairly equal in size, what would you rather have?

3 AVCs or 3 AVRs :confused:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good question. But in reality, the choice would likely be made by whichever one happened to have a matched pair for the two side stones along with the same color for the center stone. It would be wonderful with either, that is for sure!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results