shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Project —Synthetic Emerald Setting?

IndigoDime

Rough_Rock
Hello all! So grateful to be able to seek advice on this forum.

I am having a custom earring made and synthetic emeralds, and the photos of the product have been sent. I wanted to inquire about advice on the gold stone setting for the emerald portion. It seems that the stone seems to overhang on the bottom. I’m not used to seeing this on any other jewelry, but to me it only matters for practical purposes rather than a aesthetic ones. What do you think — is this an issue?

Thanks so much - I am so appreciative in advance and anticipation of your thoughts! Please find photo and videos below:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I think they are beautiful. I think it would look odd if the stone ended at the prongs. The setting gives you the look as if there is no setting from the front because you don’t see very much gold from the front. I guess it’s like the basket on a diamond solitaire. You only see the prongs and the stone from the top, not the basket, because the stone is what you want to show off. Of course, there are other settings which make the gold more prominent, but that is personal preference. I’m not an expert, but that is my opinion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results