shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Princess Cut before purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jdk

Rough_Rock
Hello all. I''m about to buy a stone and I would like your opinion before I do. Please see the GIA cert attached. The price is $23,000. It has great fire and looks good to me, but I''m not an expert. Thanks for the help!
35.gif

GIA211ct.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The table is larger than would be my preference and I would choose one that is closer to square for a stone that size, but your own eyes are the best judge of what looks good to you! Unfortunately there is only limited information on the GIA certificate.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually a line is drawn at 75% table, and even that is quite large.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
ditto (EDIT-whoops- meant to quote sundials post!)

I wouldn't buy it based on just the cert info. Although you did see it in person, right? Were you able to compare it to others? Jewelry store lighting is very deceptive!
Can you get an IS image? It would be interesting to see how it performs.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously you've seen it and you like it. Fire (dispersion, colors...) always looks great under spotlighting. However, a large table (80%) is reducing the potential for fire.

Also, when your stone is more rectangular (yours is 1.05 L/W,) there is more light leakage.

Just want you to know you have other options out there
2.04 E VS1: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=315415

2.14 G VS2: http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/princess-cut-diamond-2361971.htm Note the optical symmetry.

Wire/PS discount will apply to both. They're both the same size in terms of face-up area (49. mm^2 vs 48.9, with the 2.14 a smidge smaller.) The AGS0 is $2000 more than the GIA, and yes, it has a slightly better cut...in this case, I'm not really sure it's worth the markup, while still downgrading in clarity, color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results