shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Pink Tourmaline Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I will vote for ring #2 out of those 3 options, only because I love the setting. It is really hard to tell what the cut of the tourmaline is from the pics.

That being said, I am sure that with the budget you have, if the cut of the tourmaline is important to you, you could find a custom cut stone and setting for a similar budget :)

Since all 3 options you listed are really different from one another, can you give us an idea of a style that you are looking for and shape of the tourmaline?

Heishman

Shiny_Rock

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
How about something like this. Or, if you like yellow gold, there''s this.

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
That ring is very lovely, however, I am not a big fan of how high up the center stone is set. Wonder if they could lower it?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would steer away from the pink tourmaline because in my experience, they can have too much of a brown tone, especially under electric light. Rubellite, can also look brown if it's not a good quality. If you're looking for a real pink, that will look pink in all lights, I'd definitely opt for pink sapphire.

The one from Colour Symphony is my choice - more expensive but very very very nice. The lady who runs the company (Jill Underhill) makes all her own jewellery and is a dream to work with. I'm pretty sure she'd be able to do whatever you want.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most pink tourmalines turn muddy or brown out under incandescent lighting. There is a very small percentage of pink tourmalines that hold their colour but those are rare. You should contact Gene at www.precisiongem.com because I know he has good pink tourmaline rough that he can cut and those, I heard, are extremely vivd and hold their colour well (no browning indoors).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene also has some nice cut ones on his website already. Check them out. There''s a big trillion that supposedly holds it''s color according to Gene.

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your great advice. I would have never know that pink tourmaline can look brown under certain conditions.
With that said a think I have found a pink sapphire ring. I am strongly concidering purchasing this ring. I will start a new post with the pictures. Thank you all for your help!!!!

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 4:04:57 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
I would steer away from the pink tourmaline because in my experience, they can have too much of a brown tone, especially under electric light. Rubellite, can also look brown if it's not a good quality. If you're looking for a real pink, that will look pink in all lights, I'd definitely opt for pink sapphire.

The one from Colour Symphony is my choice - more expensive but very very very nice. The lady who runs the company (Jill Underhill) makes all her own jewellery and is a dream to work with. I'm pretty sure she'd be able to do whatever you want.

I haven't been able to surf this site as much as I want to lately
7.gif
, but I was looking at both LOGR and this thread when I noticed something!

That pink tourmaline ring posted by Kismet (which is beautiful by the way) is the exact same setting (looks like it to me) as this one from LOGR!

I don't know what to think of it but I was suprised when I saw it! Obviously, I may also be wrong or this may be old news
3.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 11:23:55 AM
Author: Deia

Date: 3/30/2009 4:04:57 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
I would steer away from the pink tourmaline because in my experience, they can have too much of a brown tone, especially under electric light. Rubellite, can also look brown if it''s not a good quality. If you''re looking for a real pink, that will look pink in all lights, I''d definitely opt for pink sapphire.

The one from Colour Symphony is my choice - more expensive but very very very nice. The lady who runs the company (Jill Underhill) makes all her own jewellery and is a dream to work with. I''m pretty sure she''d be able to do whatever you want.

I haven''t been able to surf this site as much as I want to lately
7.gif
, but I was looking at both LOGR and this thread when I noticed something!

That pink tourmaline ring posted by Kismet (which is beautiful by the way) is the exact same setting (looks like it to me) as this one from LOGR!

I don''t know what to think of it but I was suprised when I saw it! Obviously, I may also be wrong or this may be old news
3.gif
That''s a very common setting so it''s just a coincidence I think.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results