shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with picking side stones.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY!!!! So happy for you. I emailed David and told him you might be contacting him. I am so excited, that is so perfect for you. So tell me do you have any ideas on what setting and who's making it? We could be twinsies..... I don't know why I am so excited but I AM!!! Tell me more about your AVC... photos, please?

I actually sent an email on Sunday knowing they were closed and got an error message. So I called on Tuesday when they were open again and spoke to a woman named Marie who helped me out, told me they still had the M's and also what else they had, which included some loose stones and a few pair of AVC's that are set into earrings already. I snapped the M side stones right up.

I bought my AVC pre-loved a few years ago and it's been in it's original thin solitaire setting since. It's smallish, 1.1 ct M color so I knew I wanted to reset it and thought I'd look for side stones to make it a bit more substantial. I just never found sides I wanted and couldn't decide if OEC's would work. At one point I contacted Distinctive Gem about them, told him what size I was looking for, but I never heard back. So I just kept checking pre-loved. I don't know why I didn't think to contact GOG about them, but I didn't.

I really don't know how I will set them. I like low profile settings, so I could bezel them. I will know more when I see them with my center stone. I have always used DK to make my rings so I expect that I will do the same, once I figure out what to do. Until then, I'll follow your story and see what you decide. I'm looking forward to it.

Here's a photo of mine.
IMG_3670.JPG

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a photo of mine.
IMG_3670.JPG

:kiss2::kiss2: GORGEOUS!! I think those sides will be perfect for your AVC. Can't wait to find out what you think of them together.

I actually sent an email on Sunday knowing they were closed and got an error message. So I called on Tuesday when they were open again and spoke to a woman named Marie who helped me out, told me they still had the M's and also what else they had, which included some loose stones and a few pair of AVC's that are set into earrings already. I snapped the M side stones right up.

I am so glad they were still available. I have worked with Marie and she is always so nice and helpful. My side stones were from earrings.
I bought my AVC pre-loved a few years ago and it's been in it's original thin solitaire setting since. It's smallish, 1.1 ct M color so I knew I wanted to reset it and thought I'd look for side stones to make it a bit more substantial. I just never found sides I wanted and couldn't decide if OEC's would work.
I think oecs sides would work but I felt like I was settling with the oecs. I had brought in another pair of antique cut cushions and colored side stones but it just didn't look quite right. The avcs feels like they belong and are meant to be.
I really don't know how I will set them. I like low profile settings, so I could bezel them
Bezeling would make them look even bigger!! Can't go wrong with that :bigsmile:and I just can't believe that someone else is also doing a three stone AVC reset!! Please let us know what you think of them when you get them.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! This is going to be a stunning ring and I'm excited for you!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see the finished AVC 3 stone!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lookinagain, I was wondering what you thought of the baby M avcs? Did you decide to keep them?

Hi,
Oh yes, I kept them. They are quite small, but that's okay. I'm just happy to have found, with your help, any small AVC's in the right color for side stones. They are already with DK along with my AVC and the design is settled. I'll post here when the ring is finished.
Have you decided on a design yet? I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide to do.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
Oh yes, I kept them. They are quite small, but that's okay. I'm just happy to have found, with your help, any small AVC's in the right color for side stones. They are already with DK along with my AVC and the design is settled. I'll post here when the ring is finished.
Have you decided on a design yet? I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide to do.

WHAT?????? Its already with DK???? I'm still puttering around with minute details...probably driving David crazy but he is being very patient with me. They always look small when unset... I always think, I paid how much for those tiny things??? I'm glad you kept them, I was thinking of picking them up if you didn't.... kinda in a hoarding mode, knowing that they are not many around. Can't wait to see your ring.:dance:

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
As promised here are photos of my finished ring. I should have it Monday

OMG my knees.... so beautiful and sleek. Perfect marriage of modern lines with a hint of old romance with the thin milgrained bezel. I love it! Those side stones are the perfect size to let the center shine. I can't wait to see hand shots!! Gonna be a looong weekend!

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love it! I did a very similar design with DK last year with similarly sized AVCs and ended up sending it back to have the bezels set on top of a band so they would fit better with my wedding band. It also tended to mush down into the top of my finger and setting it on the band made it more comfortable.

I can’t wait to see yours when you get it! The photos are lovely.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! I did a very similar design with DK last year with similarly sized AVCs and ended up sending it back to have the bezels set on top of a band so they would fit better with my wedding band.

Oooh I would love to see your AVCs. Do you have photos?

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple of quick snaps. There is a glamour shot on DK’s IG from before I had the band underneath the bezels added.

A3C95970-C464-40D8-8CEB-662B8D0F1C80.jpeg
Wow gorgeous :kiss2::kiss2:. That is very similar to Lookinagain ring. Honestly, I nearly went with the same and now I am second guessing my choice. My husband loves the thin faux bezel with milgrain look. I might have to put the two small oecs that I was going to use for earrings into that setting!! How many 3 stone rings does a person need???

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@Diamondbug I'm trying to find your gorgeous 3 stone. Do you have a picture by chance? Soo many gorgeous 3 stones on this thread!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
@Diamondbug I'm trying to find your gorgeous 3 stone. Do you have a picture by chance? Soo many gorgeous 3 stones on this thread!
Here's David's IG of it.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW she is stunning!!! I love the flowers on the side and the 6 prong setting. Gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results