color
clarity

Help with picking a stone

twu424

Rough_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In short, YES whiteflash is worth the premium over JA true hearts (in my opinion). If you look at the TR ones you posted vs the WF ones you posted, you can see that the JA ones aren't as "clean" in terms of cut.

Whether it's worth it to *you* is something only you can answer.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the cut precision of the WF stones is and has been worth it to me. In the stone size you are considering, I would assume that this would be a diamond you plan to have for a long time. If you divide the difference in price over the number of years you think you might own and wear the diamond, you might agree with the logic. The importance of it, however, is truly up to you.

twu424

Rough_Rock
In short, YES whiteflash is worth the premium over JA true hearts (in my opinion). If you look at the TR ones you posted vs the WF ones you posted, you can see that the JA ones aren't as "clean" in terms of cut.

Whether it's worth it to *you* is something only you can answer.
Yes, the cut precision of the WF stones is and has been worth it to me. In the stone size you are considering, I would assume that this would be a diamond you plan to have for a long time. If you divide the difference in price over the number of years you think you might own and wear the diamond, you might agree with the logic. The importance of it, however, is truly up to you.

Which WF one would you guys pick? The 1.81 or 1.85?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since they are close in size and only separated by one clarity grade, I would ask Whiteflash to do a side by side video for you to view. The associates can also give you their opinion on the diamonds. Sometimes one can appeal to you more than the other. I honestly don’t think you can go wrong with either one of them.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also like the 1.81, but you can't go wrong.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally prefer the 1.81 too - love its video! I just want you to be able to see them both and decide for yourself. Recommendations are great and we all appreciate them, but you need to feel comfortable with your choice as well.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, twu424!
1.74 TH or 1.81 ACA get my vote for best contenders...I think either will blow your mind!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto @MissGotRocks and ask WF for side-by-side images. Ask for an evaluation of the two stones (from the SA)...they can tell you
what they see (if they notice any "personality" in the stones for lack of a better term).

Here they are in a comparison if you want to see them together online.

The lower halves look larger on the 1.81 (bigger arrows, which I tend to like). Even though they are the same size at 75%. I think GIA only
reports in 5 percent increments (someone refresh me if I'm not remembering correctly).

In the on-line photos (and I think this is due to the photog setup but check with the SA to be sure), the 1.85 looks whiter than the
1.81... it's probably not...but check to make sure.

The 1.85 is bigger and less expensive (vs2 vs vs1) ...not by much, so it depends on what your priorities are. I* would not let this
be the major deciding factor but a piece of the equation.

In the on-line comparison (click on the small pictures where it says Diamond Video, wait till they get loaded then click again
and they will start rotating in sync. I* can't discern a difference in the sparkle factor but wonder if the other PSers
are seeing something that I'm missing (wouldnt be a first :) ).

Post the pics after you receive them from WF! You might want to put the two stones on hold so they dont get sold while you're
deciding.

Good luck!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hard to say what's "worth it" without knowing your preferences.

twu424

Rough_Rock
I'm back with pics attached below:

WF SA said: "For the color, they are super close and I wasn't able to personally see a difference from the top. From the side view I'd say the 1.81ct (G, VS1) is just the tiniest bit warmer but we're speaking super slightly to my eye. The 1.85ct (G, VS2) gives you a little boost in size, though we're speaking about the thickness of a single sheet of copy paper difference so very minimal. It's eye clean and the inclusions I could find under 10x magnification were light in color. The G VS1 has a slightly smaller table to it so I could pick up on a little more fire from it, but in the end both are really stunning, so there wouldn't be a bad choice between them."

What do we think? Sounds like the 1.81 is slightly warmer but slightly more fire.

I know they are super similar but it's my first big purchase and I just don't want to make a mistake :shock:

1.85ct G VS2_1.81ct G VS1_2.jpg

TRAY_1.85-1.81.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which attribute would be the most important to you - size, color, price, or light inclusions? Make a list of your pros and cons. I really don’t think you can make a mistake with either one!

One is slightly warmer but only from the side view. so depending on the setting you are choosing, that probably wouldn’t be a huge concern.

Size is very close so again, no deal breaker there. Fire could be important to you and it doesn’t seem like any inclusions are bothersome. Price difference could help with setting expense.

Is there anything about either of them that makes one more desireable in terms of look?

Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn’t going to weigh in here because you’ve been given such excellent advice already. @MissGotRocks really breaks it down in her post above.

There is no wrong choice between these too diamonds. They are both going to be gorgeous irl. It comes down to what are the most important characteristics to you?
Size, clarity, table size, angles and budget?

I can see the little size difference on Becca’s hand, only because they are side by side. Once they are set it would be almost impossible to see a difference. I don’t think you would be able to see any tint difference either. I know which one *I* would choose based on *my* table and crown % preferences, but your preferences may be different.

Good luck deciding, either way you will have a beautiful diamond ring!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can set your finger size and see a relative size difference here:

Screenshot 2024-01-24 175647.png

I know which one I'd get...but you have to decide for yourself. You cant go wrong with either of them. They are Super Ideal H&A
stones with all the images to prove they are excellent performers but I know what you're saying ...between the two which should
you pick.

Depends on your priorities. It boils down to fairly minute differences...

Possibly seeing more Fire go with the 1.81 (accepting that size and color differences are pretty close)

Prefer slight boost in size and color...go with the 1.85

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results