shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with photoshopping ring, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi!

I''m hoping someone will help out a poor photoshop-skill-lacking PSer. I really like two rings, but would like to see them together because I''m not sure if the styles blend. Or, if you have seen a ring like this please post it. Thanks in advance!

First, the lovely Scarlett Johanson ering for the shank of the ring:

scarlettjring1.JPG

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
And the lovely asscher bezel for the centre from poster kmci (I hope you don''t mind!):

asscher bezel top kmci.jpeg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Here is a top view of SJ''s ring:

scarlettring2.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I cant photoshop (I''m in the same boat as you) but I think the band and the bezel set stone would go really
well together. You are talking about doing them in the same metal right? I think the band should have a little
bit of thickness to it (not be like really flat). If you wanted to get really fancy you could make the metal look like
it is coming up from the band and going around (bezeling) the stone.

Anyway, I think they would go together.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/2/2009 10:52:20 AM
Author: tyty333
Sorry, I cant photoshop (I''m in the same boat as you) but I think the band and the bezel set stone would go really

well together. You are talking about doing them in the same metal right? I think the band should have a little

bit of thickness to it (not be like really flat). If you wanted to get really fancy you could make the metal look like

it is coming up from the band and going around (bezeling) the stone.

Anyway, I think they would go together.

Thanks tyty. No one was responding so I thought my idea was
14.gif
. I was thinking exactly what you are, to have the sides going up to the bezel of the stone.

Do you think it would look bad with a white metal bezel (just the top) and gold sides and band? I have really been loving rose gold lately.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d do it in all the same metal, personally. Sorry I can''t help you with PhotoShop!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this going to be your ering or a lovely RHR? If it were me I would do it in one metal color (especially
if it is your ering). If its a RHR then I think you can play with it a little more (2 tone) but personally I
perfer single color metal in most rings.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I think its a great idea shimmer! I also agree one metal would look best though.
Do you have a place in mind to have it made?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was out drooling over jewelers web sites and came across something like you are talking about (except its not bezeled).
Its got the thicker metal (not so flat) like I was trying to tell you would be prettier. Take a look at this link...I''m sure
Mark could bezel it and it would be lovely! You might want the curvy part of the band to be a little more squarish also.

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/January-05/slides/Andy-T-CP-001.html

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/3/2009 12:51:42 PM
I was out drooling over jewelers web sites and came across something like you are talking about (except its not bezeled).

Its got the thicker metal (not so flat) like I was trying to tell you would be prettier. Take a look at this link...I''m sure

Mark could bezel it and it would be lovely! You might want the curvy part of the band to be a little more squarish also.

WOW that is perfect, thank you tyty!!!! Thank you all for chiming in, I''ll let you know if this idea pans out...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 12:51:42 PM

Here''s a screenshot for easy viewing
35.gif
WOW that is gorgeous. Mark Morrell (sp?) is a perfect person to execute this idea, IMHO.

beautifulswirlysetting.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
In case anyone else is looking for a Scarlet Johanson ring replica, I found a pretty close match on Stuller.

Here is the band:

stullerribbonring12498_W_.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
With this head:

stulleroctethead20998_W_SIDE.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Head set with diamond:

stulleroctethead20998_W_SET.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
And what the heck, here''s a side view of the shank:

stullerribboncathedral12498_W_Side.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
And this is where I first found the shank, on Winfields, but with a tulip head:

winfieldsstullerribbonwithtulipheadWST12498.jpg

kmci

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I''m thrilled that you would use my ring for inspiration, had a bit of a play with photoshop, everytime I open that program I wish I''d learnt how to use it!!!

foshimmer.jpg

kmci

Shiny_Rock
Okay, think this ones a bit better than the first attempt

forshimmer2.jpg

kmci

Shiny_Rock
This is the first one again, but with a closer match in colour

forshimmer3.jpg

kmci

Shiny_Rock
I think if you rounded of the bezel a bit more than mine so it matched the roundness of the shank bits it would definately look like it belongs

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
kmci---big thank you!!!
36.gif
I
30.gif
your ring!

kmci

Shiny_Rock
No worries, I''m actually surprised at how well they turned out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results