shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with pet name!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know this is silly but I wanted some ideas for a middle name for my new puppy. She is brown and her name is Maya. I was not going to give her one but everyone I know asks what her middle name is so I guess I need one? I am open to ideas...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, Diamondfan. It''s good to see you back on the board.
What about "Marquise" as a middle name for the puppy? (It''s my favorite diamond shape.)
21.gif

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
What kind of puppy is she?

I like the sound of Maya Rose....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's really funny, I have never had anyone ask me if Portia had a middle name!!?!?!?\

Oh I love the sound of Maya Rose...beautiful.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Hi diamondfan:

My sister has a dog named Maya and she calls her Miss Maya.

Maya Rose is pretty and there is someone on PS who calls herself Maya Moonstone - that is a cute & unique middle name too!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
hlmr: I actually do call her Miss Maya a lot of the time

Mara: Her name was originally Portia, how funny is that!... my cousin the breeder name her and the whole litter after Shakespearean characters (her sister is Luciana) but my kids loved the name Maya after seeing Eight Below...

Madame B: I actually thought of Gem or Jewel or Bijoux because she is our gem, and Marquise is nice since it sounds like a French royal.

She is a Cheseapeake Bay Retriever and has a brown wavy coat so I thought of Coco though it is not too original! Thanks for all the names so far...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love Maya Rose (though when she has been in the mud she does not smell like one!)

I had thought about Eve since she was the first woman and she is the first girl besides me in our house of boys, but my husband reminded me of a good friend who has a little girl named Mia Eve and I thought it might be insulting...

She is a November birthday, but Scorpia is a bit odd...I do like Moonstone though!

I never thought of middles names for dogs but have gotten asked it a lot lately so I thought I should have one...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maya Rose is nice!

My Chloe is Chloe Belle!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe they mean a full registered name? A lot of dogs with AKC papers have really long names. My dog Jack''s full name is Action Jackson because I wanted to name him Jack and his was constantly on the move, even at 7 wks. Try to come up with something that fits her personality or appearance. My other dog is named Bella because it means beautiful.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
She is a show quality dog but I will not be showing her, and will be spaying her so I cannot ever do it. (like I can fit that in in my life?!) She is so pretty, and her eyes are this greenish color. I swear she can almost look human, with this serious look on her little face. I love Bella, and I also love Rose. Thanks for the ideas, I hope to be able to get a photo of her on soon, she is soo pretty!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we named Portia with a formal AKC name, but haven't sent in her registration papers yet...i figured we didn't really need to (though we have them)..she's our pet, and we never intend to breed her or show her or anything. i wish we lived on a cool street or road or something because sometimes those sound great incorporated into formal names!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I mentioned that Maya was named Portia when we got her. I love the name, but felt my kids would love to select her name themselves...she came to us a bit older (16 weeks) and my cousin, the breeder, had her staying with a friend who had three little boys...but she clearly had to have a name from way back, which is why my cousin had already named her. My kids had just seen the movie about the dogs that got left behind in the snow, and they liked Maya. I am also never going to show her, she is our pet and the show circuit is so tough. My cousin is a breeder, shows her dogs and is the handler, in her spare time!! She is also a vet and in the horse circuit as well. She just got pregnant and might be having twins, she is almost 40 and had major fertility issues, and this last round of ivf looks like it might be working. She will slow down a bit by force. I thought we might let her show Maya, but I do want to spay her and only intact animals can be shown. Doggie periods dp not seem to be fun!! Yikes. Do you have pictures of Portia? What kind of dog is she? Maya is my little girl, my sons love her but she is my girl too!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will look! Do you have kids? You should get the McDuff books, there are three or four, and they are cute. The star is a Westie, of course! They would be great to save for later...

ETA: I saw her, she is precious. I love dogs, but had to wait til it worked in my life...enjoy her!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results