shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I have a black tourmaline that is trillion cut that I want set in a bezel pendant. I want silver, but no one wants to use silver. When I get prices for white gold it is $300-$500. I think this is outrageous. I am supplying the stone. You can buy pendants with a diamond in them for less. Why is this so expensive? Can you suggest someone that will work with silver and set this for me?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 11:28:52 AM
Author:radiantquest
I have a black tourmaline that is trillion cut that I want set in a bezel pendant. I want silver, but no one wants to use silver. When I get prices for white gold it is $300-$500. I think this is outrageous. I am supplying the stone. You can buy pendants with a diamond in them for less. Why is this so expensive? Can you suggest someone that will work with silver and set this for me?
The cost of gold is at an all time high and some jewelers put their costs higher for stones that are not basic shapes or that may chip easier when being bezel set.Bezel setting takes more time and metal if done by hand rather then pre-made and ordered from a catolog.Custom work is in most situations higher.The store you are dealing with may not do the work in house but send it out to an independant jeweler who does custom work, then the costs are always much higher an take 1 week to 4 weeks for delivery. so your jeweler and the company doing the work both makes a profit.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Many of us have had Julia Kay Taylor set our stones in silver. She does exquisite custom work and charges very reasonable prices. The downside is that she's so popular that you may have a long wait before she can get to your project--but you'll be very happy with it when it's done.

Julia Kay Taylor

You can search for her on this board (especially, but not exclusively, the colored stones forum) to see pictures posted by many happy customers.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My trillion spinel I posted on your SMTR thread is set in silver by Sally of Hearts of Water http://www.etsy.com/shop/HeartofWaterJewels I know it was just a tad over $100 but she's also busy and probably won't complete a project until Mid January.

Hope that helps

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 12:04:08 PM
Author: glitterata
Many of us have had Julia Kay Taylor set our stones in silver. She does exquisite custom work and charges very reasonable prices. The downside is that she''s so popular that you may have a long wait before she can get to your project--but you''ll be very happy with it when it''s done.

Julia Kay Taylor

You can search for her on this board (especially, but not exclusively, the colored stones forum) to see pictures posted by many happy customers.
The gold bezel,split shank silver ring with pink center tourmaline is a real stunner!Simple,elegant and timeless!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 2:53:51 PM
Author: jewelerman
Date: 11/5/2009 12:04:08 PM

Author: glitterata

Many of us have had Julia Kay Taylor set our stones in silver. She does exquisite custom work and charges very reasonable prices. The downside is that she''s so popular that you may have a long wait before she can get to your project--but you''ll be very happy with it when it''s done.

Julia Kay Taylor

The gold bezel,split shank silver ring with pink center tourmaline is a real stunner!Simple,elegant and timeless!

That ring belongs to Pricescope''s own Arjunajane.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results