shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with pear diamond comparison

zhus

Rough_Rock
I plan on purchasing a ~4 carat pear, and have found two on VRAI. I won’t be able to see them in person before purchasing, so could anyone look at these and give me their expert opinion? If these are subpar, any recommendations would be so helpful.

Last edited:

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't know how the proportions pan out, but I saw this the other day on Alex Park's Lab IG page.

CqD74hUgaaZ

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I love that Alex Park one. It almost looks like it has a pink tone to it

zhus

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness that is stunning!! I’m new to Pricescope— Is Alex Park a reputable seller?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness that is stunning!! I’m new to Pricescope— Is Alex Park a reputable seller?

Absolutely - he's quick and to the point. Don't expect a lot of back and forth

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yes, very much so. He specializes in earth-mined old cuts, but his lab-grown business is growing.

You can DM him through Instagram. He's pretty prompt with communication.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
By the way, you want your diamond certified by a reputable lab, IGI or GIA for lab stones. VRAI looks like an in-house certification. You want independent lab certification.

zhus

Rough_Rock
Alex Park’s IG is dangerous— everything is stunning and relatively inexpensive; I see myself splurging often! Does he do settings as well? I don’t see much on the website.

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Alex Park’s IG is dangerous— everything is stunning and relatively inexpensive; I see myself splurging often! Does he do settings as well? I don’t see much on the website.

Sometimes, depending on how busy he is

zhus

Rough_Rock
One more question— Are there any other vendors like Alex Park that would be recommended for lab grown diamonds?

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

He does do setting as well. Most of his work is custom, so that is one of the reasons there isn't much on his website.

I've purchased many diamonds and jewelry pieces from him and haven't been disappointed.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! Lots on PS have purchased from him including me

But as with all the vendors, I like to run things past people on here, just to be sure.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I forgot...Welcome to Pricescope!!!!

zhus

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the warm welcome! I’m already so happy to be here!

Shazam22

Rough_Rock

Alex is wonderful. I have bought everything from him via Instagram and have been thrilled with my purchases. I have also visited him a few times whenever I’m in NY. He’s a great guy and very straightforward.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results