shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Oval lab diamond

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
Hello all, I currently have an oval mined diamond and am looking to upgrade my stone to a lab grown. I can get more for my money for less that way. I am extremely picky about ovals and have tried to upgrade it in the past but was never happy with each one and their bowtie or color. Can someone help me find one? I currently have a .78 D SI1 that is 7.54*5.01 mm. I'd like a little fatter stone, in the .90 range, colorless and higher clarity to make sure it is eye clean. I am looking to spend under $1300 hopefully. I did look through Distinctive Gem's website and Jonathan has many ovals that would fit my criteria. I also just looked on Adiamor and they had lots of ovals with better prices. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
Hello all, I currently have an oval mined diamond and am looking to upgrade my stone to a lab grown. I can get more for my money for less that way. I am extremely picky about ovals and have tried to upgrade it in the past but was never happy with each one and their bowtie or color. Can someone help me find one? I currently have a .78 D SI1 that is 7.54*5.01 mm. I'd like a little fatter stone, in the .90 range, colorless and higher clarity to make sure it is eye clean. I am looking to spend under $1300 hopefully. I did look through Distinctive Gem's website and Jonathan has many ovals that would fit my criteria. I also just looked on Adiamor and they had lots of ovals with better prices. Thanks in advance.

I found this stone on Adiamor that looks very nice, thoughts?

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if you will notice that much of a difference between .78 and .90ct. It might be worth waiting and saving up a bit more. Just my opinion!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any up close pics of your current stone or links to it from where you bought it? Ditto @momofive , that stone you
linked is not much bigger than what you have. It will look a tad wider though. Do you not want to go any bigger? I think you could
in your $1300 budget.

It appears that most (actually all that I saw) ovals in this size range had the 8 main offset faceting pattern. Most of them look the
same just with slightly different ratios. Light return looks to be very similar. With the one you linked, I guess I would say that its
worth ordering and having a look at. Return it if you dont like it. Distinctive Gems Branded ovals will have better light return.
These stones with better light return require extra depth and more time spent in the cutting phase hence the extra cost.

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
Do you have any up close pics of your current stone or links to it from where you bought it? Ditto @momofive , that stone you
linked is not much bigger than what you have. It will look a tad wider though. Do you not want to go any bigger? I think you could
in your $1300 budget.

It appears that most (actually all that I saw) ovals in this size range had the 8 main offset faceting pattern. Most of them look the
same just with slightly different ratios. Light return looks to be very similar. With the one you linked, I guess I would say that its
worth ordering and having a look at. Return it if you dont like it. Distinctive Gems Branded ovals will have better light return.
These stones with better light return require extra depth and more time spent in the cutting phase hence the extra cost.
I don't have a link to my current stone. It was purchased in 2012 through lumera. I am open to going up to 1.00 carat. My setting can hold up to 1.00 carat. I attached a photo of my current ring. I like the distinctive gem branded stones but don't think I would like the extra depth and the stone sitting up so high in my setting. Are there any stones you were recommend? @tyty333 Screenshot_20230419-180618~3.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Darn, no video...that makes it really hard to evaluate. It looks like it could be decent for the faceting pattern that it is.

Can you post a side view of your setting? By side, I mean like this picture.
Depending on how your stone is set you may be able to go bigger...although you may not want to because its a pretty blingy
setting. I just hate to see you upgrade and not see much of a change.
bottom of ring.jpg

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
Darn, no video...that makes it really hard to evaluate. It looks like it could be decent for the faceting pattern that it is.

Can you post a side view of your setting? By side, I mean like this picture.
Depending on how your stone is set you may be able to go bigger...although you may not want to because its a pretty blingy
setting. I just hate to see you upgrade and not see much of a change.
bottom of ring.jpg

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
@tyty333 B2C Jewels was able to email me a video. I tried to attached but it is an MP4 and Pricescope wouldn't accept the video. I can try to download it a different way? Attached below is a photo of the side view of my ring. I think this new option would be a good bump up in size. I don't want to go too big and overwhelm my setting. Attached

Attachments

• PXL_20230421_213029908.jpg
    PXL_20230421_213029908.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 14

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@tyty333 B2C Jewels was able to email me a video. I tried to attached but it is an MP4 and Pricescope wouldn't accept the video. I can try to download it a different way? Attached below is a photo of the side view of my ring. I think this new option would be a good bump up in size. I don't want to go too big and overwhelm my setting. Attached

You can use a video hosting site like Imgur, Vimeo, or YouTube.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone else give any feedback on the stones I found? Considering ordering the 2 B2C Jewels stones I found and seeing how they look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results