shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Oval E-Ring

JSURF

Rough_Rock
Hello -

I am in the market for an Oval E ring which I am hoping to have by the holiday. I've done some research and decided to check out GoG since I live 15 minutes away. I have a lot people who have been trying to convince me to "use their guy" but it seems like many people on this site have had positive experiences with GoG. I am looking to get a halo setting and have a budget between 8 to 10k

I was referred to these two stones.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7255/
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9130/

I am curious to get some feedback from some of the people on this site. I am looking for something that is going to have tremendous performance and sparkle like crazy. I am also hoping to have minimal bowtie effect. My GF really likes the oval cut because she has "long fingers" haha

I have an appointment with them next week.. This whole process is exciting, yet stressful, and I just want to get some opinions.

Thanks in advance!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did they source them for you? Get them in specifically in response to your request? Or are these just the ones they had, that fit your criteria.

I don't care for either. I would want more red in the aset (more light performance) and one of them has a strong bowtie, and I would want a minimal bowtie.

I would call. Ask for JON, himself, and request they get in 3 ovals for you. And then I would go see them in person.

I would ask for the brightest, prettiest oval with a blended bowtie they can find. Give them your budget, and tell them H or better and eyeclean for the rest.

JSURF

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply..
I did speak with him today. I am going in next week to see some stones. Hopefully he can find a few I can compare that fits what I am looking for.

What does "source" the diamond mean?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
JSURF|1354300701|3319382 said:
Thanks for the reply..
I did speak with him today. I am going in next week to see some stones. Hopefully he can find a few I can compare that fits what I am looking for.

What does "source" the diamond mean?

The way stores operate is that they have a certain amount of easily movable stock in. For things like ovals, pears, marquise, which are not as in demands as rounds, for example, they don't carry a lot of stock, because within a short period of time they can call up a larger wholesaler, tell them what they want, and have it sent in to them (like a custom order). They don't OWN these stones, they have them on memo to present to the customer. If the customer wants to buy one, then they purchase the stone from the wholesaler and give it to the customer.

That process is referred to as sourcing.

JSURF

Rough_Rock
Thanks gypsy. I haven't seen too many pics of oval asets on the net to compare. It looks like rounds are way more red in the aset. Does the blue in the first one mean it's a bad Bowtie?

Is there any website I can use to pull up more stones with aset reports?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You aren't likely to find ASET's posted on ovals anywhere else. That is why I really recommend GOG for ovals. The F color stone has possibilities, in my opinion. So wait until you see it to decide. Comparing a few stones in person will really help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results