shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with OMC selection please! ASET and videos

BreezyB

Rough_Rock
Hi all! After many years of admiring diamonds near and far, I'm now looking for the ONE. An engagement ring to call my own :) I don't have much experience evaluating ASETs, so hoping you lovely PS ladies and gents can help me out here.

My top priority for a stone is an amazing cut, pillowy shape. Since lab OMC's aren't exactly easy to come by, all other factors are more flexible.
I asked for something along these specs:
- 2 to 3ct
- VS+, G+
- preferably higher crown, small culet but not a dealbreaker.

The jeweler I'm working with sent these two options below. From the videos, they're both nice but the 2.55ct caught my attention more due to the shape. Wasn't sure if there appeared to be some light leakage in the center, so requested ASETs. You can see it's there in both stones, definitely. My question is, is this amount acceptable for an old mine cut? What do the blue areas represent exactly?

I know there are PS vendors who offer their own version of OMCs that are optimized for light return. They are absolutely beautiful, but there's just something about the perfect symmetry that's not for me. Personally, I like antique-cut stones that are not too perfect, if you know what I mean.

Here are the videos of each. Not sure how to embed them into the message so hope the links are fine.

Thanks in advance :)

2.55ct F/VVS2

2.50ct E/VVS2

2.55ct ASET
2.55ct FVVS2 ASET.JPG

2.50ct ASET
2.50ct EVVS2 ASET.JPG

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They book look gorgeous and I love that they don't have large tables which can be seen with lab antique cushion cuts. Number 1 looks more like an original antique diamond and the Maltese cross in the center is very pretty.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The 2.55, the 2.55!
After you buy your stone please leave the vendor where you found these! This is what many are looking for, like me:love:

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Both are gorgeous!! I also prefer the 2.55 ct due to the shape. I'm not an expert so can't offer much insight to your questions but really looking forward to seeing what you choose!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, a reminder that trade members may not criticize/comment on items someone is considering, it is a conflict of interest. Some posts have been removed that violated this policy.

Trade members may provide educational, unbiased facts only. Explain a definition, etc. but not in relation to someone's purchase.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results