shape
carat
color
clarity

help with old cut diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sharkiee00

Rough_Rock
i need help with opionions of this diamond gia certified

does this sould like a worth wild purchase and what price do you think should be paid for it

Report Type: GIA Diamond Grading Report

Date of Issue: January 30, 2009

Round Brilliant

Measurements: 5.72 - 5.83 x 3.53 mm

Carat Weight: 0.76 carat

Color Grade: L

Clarity Grade: VS1

Cut Grade: Good

Proportions:

Depth: 61.1%

Table: 56%

Crown Angle: 32.5°

Crown Height: 14.5%

Pavilion Angle: 41.4°

Pavilion Depth: 42.0%

Star length: 35%

Lower Half: 60%

Girdle: Thin to Thick, Faceted

Culet: Slightly Large

Finish:

Polish: Good

Symmetry: Fair

Fluorescence: None

Comments: Surface graining is not shown.

thanks for your help this is my 1st time posting

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sharkiee,

I am not particularly knowledgeable about old cuts, but do you have any photographs of the diamond?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Old cuts cannot be judged by numbers. You really need to see them to determine if they are beautiful. Pictures would be helpful.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sharkiee,

Welcome! I agree that photos would be helpful.

As far as price, I would compare to the inventory on Old World Diamonds http://oldworlddiamonds.com/inv.php?SHAPE=EU, just to be sure that the diamond is within the range of what similar stones are priced at. For example, there is .78 K VS1 OEC for $1,731 and a .79 K VS1 OEC for $1,926.

Since your stone is one color grade down and slightly smaller, I''d expect to pay slightly less than these. There were two L''s in similar sizes, but they were SI2''s. Those were around $1,200 each.

It''s not a very scientific method, but at least it gives you something to compare the price of your stone to.

Let us know what you decide to do, and please post photos if you can.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 12:55:00 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
Hi Sharkiee,

Welcome! I agree that photos would be helpful.

As far as price, I would compare to the inventory on Old World Diamonds http://oldworlddiamonds.com/inv.php?SHAPE=EU, just to be sure that the diamond is within the range of what similar stones are priced at. For example, there is .78 K VS1 OEC for $1,731 and a .79 K VS1 OEC for $1,926.

Since your stone is one color grade down and slightly smaller, I''d expect to pay slightly less than these. There were two L''s in similar sizes, but they were SI2''s. Those were around $1,200 each.
One note: the OWD stones are EGL graded, which likely carries a bit less premium than GIA as their grading is typically a bit more generous. The EGL K stone might be an L or even an M by GIA standards.

I wear a transitional stone that EGL graded as an L, and it''s definitely warmer than my M-colored OEC stone (not EGL graded).

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/20/2009 10:16:52 AM
Author:sharkiee00

i need help with opionions of this diamond gia certified

does this sould like a worth wild purchase and what price do you think should be paid for it

Report Type: GIA Diamond Grading Report

Date of Issue: January 30, 2009
Round Brilliant
Measurements: 5.72 - 5.83 x 3.53 mm
Carat Weight: 0.76 carat
Color Grade: L
Clarity Grade: VS1
Cut Grade: Good
Depth: 61.1%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 32.5°
Crown Height: 14.5%
Pavilion Angle: 41.4°
Pavilion Depth: 42.0%
Star length: 35%
Lower Half: 60%
Girdle: Thin to Thick, Faceted
Culet: Slightly Large

Polish: Good
Symmetry: Fair
Fluorescence: None

Comments: Surface graining is not shown.
thanks for your help this is my 1st time posting
Unique numbers. This one that should be seen to be judged. I saw a diamond with similar angles and minors, but smaller table and higher crown, that was just striking. It was twice the weight though, and the 3D cut precision was nice - that''s a personal affectation though.

I''m not wild about the fair symmetry grade. That could imply noticable culet/table off-center, wavy girdle (that would make sense) misshapen, missing or extra facets - even a bezel or main - or wild CA and PA swings. Any chance of actual photos or, even better, an IS or ASET?

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just for an idea of this make...

Don't anyone get excited, these are perfect wire-frames which are impossible IRL. Especially non-applicable in a meaningful way here, considering the symmetry grade. Groovy though.

56-617-414-327-35-60-aset.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade

56-617-414-327-35-60-is.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results