shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with new aset picture kind ps people

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
Taken by a lower quality photo, but could you see light leak here?

_5254.jpeg

_5255.jpeg

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oberst|1471028570|4065226 said:
Taken by a lower quality photo, but could you see light leak here?

Anytime you see 'lighter' areas on the Ideal-Scope and ASET (assuming good photography) it is likely the maximum amount of light is not returning to the viewer's eye.

Here's a great link that will help you interpret these images:

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/ideal-scope

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not always, sometimes it can be a photography issue as well if it is slightly off color, (I know this having tried to take stones through my own scope and having the pictures show inexplicable 'fading' where there is no leakage to the eye in comparison). This stone is a little more borderline with respect to light leakage from the ASET, but it is hard to tell. The photo quality is an impediment though to an accurate gauge of how much leakage there is, I won't lie.

What is the clarity on this stone? Is this the Steven stone? I am worried about the transparency of that stone. Those pinpoints and the inclusions given the clarity grade were concerning to me. What did Steven say about that when you asked him?

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
Yes from Steven, its an si1 but it easily could be an vs2 he told me.

_5257.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's so hard to tell with those photos. If it wasn't such a big stone I'd say... it's okay. But leakage in a 2 carat stone is more visible than in a one carat stone. The facets are larger.

Keep it in mind. I doubt it's a precision cut hearts and arrows stone like the other one from IDJ. But it is a nice option.

See what else comes up in the next week. No need to rush.

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
Ok gypsy, think maybe I got the ONE, they are gonna check for availability on Monday, check out the stats on this one and give me your opinion.
2 ct

The same stone is graded last year in ags and Gia this year.

_5313.jpeg

_5315.jpeg

_5316.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oberst|1471184018|4065844 said:
Ok gypsy, think maybe I got the ONE, they are gonna check for availability on Monday, check out the stats on this one and give me your opinion.
2 ct

Was the color grade the same on both?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
----

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
2 ct

Oohhh that is a nice one.

Victor Canera

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Oberst,

The diamond was not photographed properly because it’s tilted which makes it seem like it has leakage. This is not to say that it might or might not have a little bit of leakage if it was shot properly.

If the diamond is not perfect facing the camera, you get ASET and IdeaScope images that are off. An easy way to tell on these photographs are the arrow shafts of the diamond. Do you see the blue arrow shafts from about the 8 o’clock through the 3 o’clock positions and how short they are compared to the arrows on the bottom 4 o’clock to 7 o’clock positions? This is a very good indication that the diamond’s table is not perpendicular to the camera.

I would ask your vendor to re-shoot the image and see what the result is.

All the best

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1471205139|4065962 said:
2 ct

No it was not, so Color f/g, I tought it was because it is something in between

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oberst|1471213534|4066040 said:
diamondseeker2006|1471205139|4065962 said:
2 ct

No it was not, so Color f/g, I tought it was because it is something in between
Yes, that is the case.

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

Yes I do see it, I have asked about it :)

The other diamond was sold unfortunately.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results