shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with my vintage ruby and diamond ring?

60sbee

Rough_Rock
I bought it a few weeks back because I fell in love with it. The jeweller wasn't sure which era it is from? Can anyone help me? img_9756.jpg img_9794.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know what era it is from either but just want to say it is GORGEOUS and romantic! LOVE this ring. Enjoy! :love: :love: :love:

60sbee

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I've had people say anything from the 1880s to the 1960s haha

Thank you so much ❤️

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, it's very beautiful. While the setting style is Victorian or even Georgian, the fact that the diamonds are more like modern brilliant cuts (and not Rose cut or OEC) I'd say it's a modern interpretation of the style. Wear it and love it because it's gorgeous.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the UK this is a very common style still made by mostly all jewellers including chain (mall) type stores. A bit similar to
Lady Di ring which was not unusual at the time either apart from its great size. It does look I would say 60s or 70s but
could be from last month if you were over here shopping as copied a lot with and without the bezel. A classic style just
like the solitaire. More coloured engagement rings here in the past though so that may be why. It is lovely but
not unique looking to me at all.

60sbee

Rough_Rock
Thanks but it's nothing like Princess Diana's ring. Hers was covered in prongs and mine isn't. I also didn't claim it was "unique" :9'dont be so rude. Secondly, it's not from a chain store :) i don't shop at chain stores.

60sbee

Rough_Rock
Thank you :) yeah it's definitely not from after the 60's. We just couldn't work out when haha

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think most of the diamonds in the setting do actually look like Antique diamonds, so I don't agree with the poster that wrote they are modern stones. One or two might have been broken and replaced by modern cuts, that is not uncommon at all, but mostly they look like Antique stones to me. It's a really pretty ring!!!

60sbee

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I'm actually so clueless when it comes to jewellery haha thanks for your help :)

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Does your ring have any hallmarks (maker's mark) stamped inside? That could be a clue. If not, it's probably been sized or reshanked over the years.

Your ring is Edwardian styling. I'm not saying it's necessarily from that era but it's most definitely Edwardian in appearance. Google Edwardian ruby ring and look at the images that pop up. Many Edwardian rings were mixed metal - yellow gold with platinum. I agree, it doesn't look like a Princess Diana/Duchess of Cambridge ring or one of the many replicas as there is not a prong in sight.

Enjoy your ring. It is beautiful :love: .

60sbee

Rough_Rock
Thank you :) I actually found a few similar that you're talking about and I think that's exactly what it is. The jeweller said something about it possibly being from the 60's cause there was something about it not being marked and before the 60's/70's they didn't mark it? I'm not to sure, but thank you for your help :)

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, sorry how it came across but I am not intending to be rude. I know it is bezel set but lots of rings over here are bezel and prong set in that style. They are in both private individual jewellers and in chain stores. If you look at some of the jewellers sites from the UK you will see for yourself. It does look older to me as I said but the style is still found to the present day in most jewellers in
the UK. It is a classic setting over here just like a solitaire as I said, more people have colored engagement rings or they did up to maybe 15 years ago rather than small diamond solitaires. You will rarely see a larger diamond here.

60sbee

Rough_Rock
It's okay. I'm sorry I misunderstood. Yes I'm from the UK and yes it is an older ring. Definitely not a new one, as the jeweller I bought it from said it belonged to a lady who recieved it as an engagement ring in the 1960's. So it was either new then, or a bit older. Which one I'm not too sure haha

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

index_finger

Rough_Rock
Doesn't matter which era, it's timeless beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results