shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with my son''s finger

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
We noticed this on his finger yesterday and we have no clue what it is. He does not seem to be bothered by it but it freaks me out. He is a tough kid and I don''t remember him crying like he pinched it. Anyone seen anything like this before? I have googles bug bite pictures but most of those are raised with a red ring around them.

kolfin.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
it could just be a collection of blood vessels. it looks very similar to an area my friend''s son has on the side of his nose (only his is MUCH larger) and from what he says, it does not bother the kid at all.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Is it filled with pus?

I see a white bubble-like are next to the fingernail (or am I imagining that?) It looks like either a bug bite, blister, or burn, to me. But, of course, I''m no expert!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 8:28:14 AM
Author:lknvrb4
We noticed this on his finger yesterday and we have no clue what it is. He does not seem to be bothered by it but it freaks me out. He is a tough kid and I don't remember him crying like he pinched it. Anyone seen anything like this before? I have googles bug bite pictures but most of those are raised with a red ring around them.
Go to the doctor TODAY!!!! My daughter had he same exact issue, looked he same. Took her to the doctor, it was diagnosed as an infection and they sent a sample of the puss to the lab. Turned out to be staph and could have spread to the rest of her body and caused her to be hospitalized had it not been caught when it was.

I would go today!! If treated its a simple antibiotic. My daughter has no idea how she got hers. She did not remember any sort of trauma to the finger or even a cut.

edited to add, what realy concens me if from that photo, it looks slightly greenish. But even if the lighting iis off, I would get it checked out today.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, asscherisme makes a good suggestion to go to the doctor today. When I first saw it I thought Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, nothing major but not pleasant. I had it when I was a young kid (got it at summer camp) and was only able to drink chocolate milk through a straw for a week due to the painfulness of the sores. It passed on its own though. Maybe check to see if he has any developing sores on his feet or in his mouth. Hope it turns out to be minor!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 9:44:24 AM
Author: lilyfoot
Is it filled with pus?

I see a white bubble-like are next to the fingernail (or am I imagining that?) It looks like either a bug bite, blister, or burn, to me. But, of course, I''m no expert!

It''s white with a small dot of what looks like dried blood in the middle and surrounding the white is a line of purple and then the rest of the finger is red. I don''t know what to think.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 10:10:46 AM
Author: lknvrb4

Is it filled with pus?

It''s white with a small dot of what looks like dried blood in the middle and surrounding the white is a line of purple and then the rest of the finger is red. I don''t know what to think.
Hmm .. are you planning on taking him to the doctor? The severity of the red/purple colors in the picture are scary!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 11:59:24 AM
Date: 6/14/2010 10:10:46 AM

Author: lknvrb4

Is it filled with pus?

Hmm .. are you planning on taking him to the doctor? The severity of the red/purple colors in the picture are scary!

My DH is going to take him to the doc as soon as he gets off work. I would take him but I do daycare in my home so taking 6 kids to the doc would not be so hot. I have been applying a warm compress to it and the last time I did it, the blister popped on it''s own.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I kindof thought an infected bite of some sort. I''d definitely get him in as it could yes progress into staff.

Did you check him for fever? I once had a somewhat mild fever... but the fever ended up exiting through my fingers! I had blisters for a couple of weeks, and the mild fever remained. They were gone when my fever went away. The doctors weren''t sure what the cause was.. but I never went over 101 either... it was strange.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
It does look like an infection......yet, if it was, I would think it would be painful for him.....Probably best to get it checked out.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your advice. It was an infection and he had to have an I&D done. DH said he did great and the doc was surprised how little he did cry. He is one tough little 18 month old.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad to hear it was an easy fix, and that he was such a trooper. Rest easy now. Thanks for the update!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results