shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with my princess in trellis setting from WF!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diddy

Rough_Rock
Ok, long story short .... WF, awesome customer service, awesome opinions, comforting sales reps (Traci...I''m looking in your direction!) .... I plan on doing a little write up on my experience after this is all said and done (can''t yet b/c if she stubles acoss PS, she would know it was me!).

I (read: PS posters) picked out a ES Princess cut from WF. Not the best IS or ASET but I received the rock today and boy does it sparkle! (love it!)
30.gif

I chose to set it in a trellis setting ... but the catch was that she does not like the "squared off" look of a lot of trellis princess bands. I talked to WF and they said they knew what I was talking about and could do a semi-custom band and soften out the edges to give a more "rounded" shape.

Got the ring today, diamond = awesome (have I said that?). But the setting didn''t turn out quite as I had expected.

NOTE: I have not called WF yet. I am obviously going to give them a shout ...but it will have to wait until Friday!!! (meetings from 8-5 all day Weds and Thurs).

Sooooo ..... ring terminology is over my head. I wanted to post a couple of pics here to see if "rounded edge" is the best term to use what I''m talking about, so I can make sure WF and I are on the page. I love the ring....but several times she has told me that she does not like the edge of the classic princess trellis.

Pics .... First two are not actual pics of my ring but very similar in shape. Arrows are pointing to the part I''m talking about.

Third one is a pic I found here on PS of the WF x-prong, with arrows to the same part.

As always .... thank you for your help!

square princess trellis edge.jpg

diddy

Rough_Rock

square princess trellis edge 2.jpg

diddy

Rough_Rock

Again, WF has done an awesome job for me! This question should not be taken as a dis on WF AT ALL! .... just want to brush up on my terminology to make sure I get my point across clearly when I call them.

rounder edge trellis.jpg

beach

Brilliant_Rock
What is your question? The shank edges look very rounded on picture #3.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
are you wanting the area on the shank you are pointing two flatter like the first two rings?

diddy

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 10:02:02 PM
Author: mrssalvo
are you wanting the area on the shank you are pointing two flatter like the first two rings?
Sorry .... to clarify.

My ring currently looks like the first two pictures (pretty much identical).

The third picture is what I would like the edges to look like on my ring (the picture is not my ring).

I just don''t know how to relay this in words to WF. (heck, I already confused 2 people on PS! lol)

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Just send them the picture. It will be easy enough to explain without words. Keep in mind, the shank thickness is different in the rings so a rounded edge will not be exactly like your third picture. It will be close but not exactly the same look...

Email it to them now if you want
1.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 10:08:48 PM
Author: diddy

Date: 4/14/2009 10:02:02 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Sorry .... to clarify.

My ring currently looks like the first two pictures (pretty much identical).

The third picture is what I would like the edges to look like on my ring (the picture is not my ring).

I just don''t know how to relay this in words to WF. (heck, I already confused 2 people on PS! lol)
Diddy, you just did.
1.gif

I know exactly what you''re trying to say, and I''ll happily convey that to our production staff.

I wanted the same thing on my toe-rings; I wanted the edges to be rounded so it was an arc instead of an angle.
9.gif

diddy

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 9:52:13 PM
Author:diddy
Ok, long story short .... WF, awesome customer service, awesome opinions, comforting sales reps (Traci...I''m looking in your direction!) .... I plan on doing a little write up on my experience after this is all said and done (can''t yet b/c if she stubles acoss PS, she would know it was me!).

I (read: PS posters) picked out a ES Princess cut from WF. Not the best IS or ASET but I received the rock today and boy does it sparkle! (love it!)
30.gif

I chose to set it in a trellis setting ... but the catch was that she does not like the ''squared off'' look of a lot of trellis princess bands. I talked to WF and they said they knew what I was talking about and could do a semi-custom band and soften out the edges to give a more ''rounded'' shape.

Got the ring today, diamond = awesome (have I said that?). But the setting didn''t turn out quite as I had expected.

NOTE: I have not called WF yet. I am obviously going to give them a shout ...but it will have to wait until Friday!!! (meetings from 8-5 all day Weds and Thurs).

Sooooo ..... ring terminology is over my head. I wanted to post a couple of pics here to see if ''rounded edge'' is the best term to use what I''m talking about, so I can make sure WF and I are on the page. I love the ring....but several times she has told me that she does not like the edge of the classic princess trellis.

Pics .... First two are not actual pics of my ring but very similar in shape. Arrows are pointing to the part I''m talking about.

Third one is a pic I found here on PS of the WF x-prong, with arrows to the same part.

As always .... thank you for your help!
my gf would know it was me (not talking about WF lol)
37.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 9:52:13 PM
Author:diddy
she does not like the 'squared off' look of a lot of trellis princess bands.
Ok, I get what you're saying. The terminology for what you want (i.e- the opposite of 'squared off' is half domed". I'll see if I can find a picture for you that demonstrates this.

diddy

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 10:10:31 PM
Author: beach
Just send them the picture. It will be easy enough to explain without words. Keep in mind, the shank thickness is different in the rings so a rounded edge will not be exactly like your third picture. It will be close but not exactly the same look...

Email it to them now if you want
1.gif
Thank you for this point.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't find a good pictures, but what you mean is like this ring:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00363&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+288152-r+101323340-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

It's not "squared off". Here is a squared off, or flat, shape

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP01745&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+288152-r+101323340-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

The other alternative is "domed"- meaning a dome. That's not what you want. What you want has some of the "squareness" but with rounded edges and it's called "half domed."

diddy

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 12:20:16 AM
Author: Imdanny
I couldn''t find a good pictures, but what you mean is like this ring:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00363&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+288152-r+101323340-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

It''s not ''squared off''. Here is a squared off, or flat, shape

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP01745&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+288152-r+101323340-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

The other alternative is ''domed''- meaning a dome. That''s not what you want. What you want has some of the ''squareness'' but with rounded edges and it''s called ''half domed.''
Unfortunately I couldn''t get the second link to work. Thank you for your response though!

Basically I was trying to get the setting to look like the setting in pic #3. It is so hard to buy this type of princess setting online. I found it in a local B&M store but they were WAY overpriced for their diamond and settings (even for a B&M). When looking online you cannot really tell what settings are square/flat on the edges and which ones are more rounded with a TINY flat edge (I would guess so the wedding band would fit flush against it???).

Allison, thank you for your response! I just shot T an e-mail explaining. I might just end up forwarding her the link to this thread! You guys have such excellent customer service; I really do appreciate it.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Sounds to me like you want the shank to be half-round instead of square. I''m a little late to the party, since Allison picked up on what you meant, but there ya go.

diddy

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 12:20:16 AM
Author: Imdanny
I couldn''t find a good pictures, but what you mean is like this ring:

It''s not ''squared off''. Here is a squared off, or flat, shape

The other alternative is ''domed''- meaning a dome. That''s not what you want. What you want has some of the ''squareness'' but with rounded edges and it''s called ''half domed.''
Imdanny .... I got your 2nd post to work by copying and pasting!

Yes, basically this is what I''m talking about. I don''t know if this is actually possible with the thickness of the shank on my ring though
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results