shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with my eternity wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock

Hi everyone,

I just bought my eternity wedding band, and I feel like it sticks out a bit wider than my engagement ring. I asked the jeweler if it should maybe be smaller, but she kept insisting that you don''t want an eternity band to fit too snugly, and that they are normally wider looking than other rings because of the way they are built. Is this really the case? You really can''t see how wide it is in this picture, but here it is with my e-ring:

band1small.jpg

I wish this picture showed the difference in width...it''s not grossly wider, but I keep wondering if I should have ordered a smaller size. Would a ring sizer help with this? I''m not even sure where to get one....

Any help would be appreciated!

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
I mean wider left to right, not up and down.
36.gif

Oleander

Shiny_Rock
I am having the same concerns about a new diamond wedding band my husband wants to buy me for our anniversary. I mentioned it to the jeweler. I asked if the band were the same size as my e-ring, would it make a difference? She said, "not really." I think with the stones, it just ends up looking wider than the engagement ring.

I think to most observers, it''s not noticeable, and I believe you will get used to it, as long as it''s comfortable to wear.

Perhaps it''s a little bit of an optical illusion, since the stones on the band are white, and they are more noticeable than the darker grey of the metal on the e-ring shank? Anyway, I don''t have any words of wisdom for you, just letting you know I have had the same thoughts and will likely just get used to the differing widths.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I've struggled with the same problem with various eternity bands I've tried on. It seems that the width is very obvious to some people (my husband and I both are a stickler for this detail) but not to most casual observers. if it bugs you, though, that's important. In the picture, though, I think it looks fine width wise.

For an eternity band, I agree with your jeweler that you don't want it too small in case your finger size increases later. But have you considered getting a band in the same style of the smaller stones on your e-ring (which is lovely, by the way!) They look like they are channel or bead set. If you tried that style band you might find that it is a lot less wide, side to side. That would be my choice!

Also: Not sure what you mean by a ring sizer, but they would probably put in some sizing beads. This would make the ring fit more snugly but would not affect the appearance. I don't think it would be necessary in less the ring was WAY too big for you.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
My eternity band is a size 6 and my ring is a size 5.25. I can see a bit of a difference but I wanted to get the band bigger knowing it really can''t be resized and also it fits comfortably when the weather makes my hands swell up. Honestly, I don''t notice a big difference in your picture. I''m really glad mine is bigger. It''s very comfortable to me and unless my fingers are together I don''t really notice the difference.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My eternity band is the same width (right to left) as my e-ring. It is channel set vs. your prong so maybe that has something to do with it.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I think it has to do with the carat weight, too--larger diamonds are going to make the ring "stick out" more from the finger. At least that's what I think I've noticed in pictures. I don't have a honkin' eternity band to look at in person.
9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this is a common problem. However, your ring has only a slight difference in the widths. I know this won''t make you feel better, but it is a very small difference that the average person would not notice. Your set is really quite stunning!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that your eternity band and e-ring look gorgeous together, and I do agree that you do not want the eternity band to fit too snug.

CT026

Rough_Rock
I think it looks fabulous, despite how eternity rings tend to feel. Your set is beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results