shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with my Diamond choice...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Noodle944

Rough_Rock
I know hardly anything about diamonds, so excuse my ignorance. So hopefully you can help with my question.

I am looking for a diamond between 0.70 and 0.90 carat, G or H colour and VS2 or SI1 clarity.

Should this type of diamond look nice and have a good ''sparkle''?

At the moment I can get a ring with this type of diamond in the UK from anywhere between £2500 and £3500, does this sound fair?

Many thanks
Nick

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello and welcome to Pricescope, Noodle.

What you listed is a good starting point in what you are looking for in a diamond. However, just those alone do not determine the sparkle of the diamond. Cut is what affects the look of the diamond. Pricescope has a tutorial that will give you a lot more information on what to look for. Pricescope also has a PriceStats search engine you can use to give you a better idea of what a good quality, ideal and a H&A quality diamond will cost. I presume you are looking at round shaped diamonds?

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Nick,

A week ago, I also new nothing about diamonds
confused.gif

Yesterday, I made my purchase and I'm waiting to see the stone next week at my local independent appraiser

Don't rush into anything. Just spend a week reading the tutorials and the forum. When you have questions, do a search in the forum and you'll find loads of advice.

Cheers

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Noodle-

I've attached a sample search with your parameters so you can get an idea of price ranges out there for well-cut stones. As chrono said, cut is the determining factor for sparkle. I also encourage you to spend a little time here learning about what makes a great stone, hopefully you will find the information helpful. Don't hesitate to ask questions, folks here are great!
1.gif

79-90srch.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to highjack a thread...
2.gif
but, Q... how did you get that price-comparison screen into your post??!! I wannaknowhowtodothat,too!!!!!
9.gif

Thanks!
Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results