shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with my decision

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

grooverider

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

First off, fabulous site, very informative to say the least. Secondly, I''m on a deadline I suppose, I need to find a ring in the next couple days, and I have been developing grey hair (kidding) from this whole experience. I have basically decided on what I want..but I''m unsure if I''m making the right decision.

1. I want a princess cut diamond, ideal polish/symmetry, no lower then G color, 1-1.1 carat. I would like to spend about $6k on the diamond + the cost of the ring or around there..I would consider spending more for something very nice, and I think that the Vatache X prong platinum looks like the best ring, but I''m open to other suggestions.

2. Clarity- I''m confused. I do not really want anything lower then VS2, but with such a good quality diamond, will SI1 be that noticeable? Since I''m most likely buying online..I won''t see the diamond until I get it..thoughts?

3. Some online diamond places seem better then others...some overpriced..some decently priced...any of you had any good/bad experiences with online retailers?

4. I would like to buy locally, but it seems their prices are more expensive for less quality. I looked at Tiffanys and almost crapped myself at the price tag of $11,900 for a .99 carat F Color VS1 which was nice but..the price tag was ridiculous. Is it safe to buy online?

Any suggestions/comments you have will be much appreciated. I would like to buy soon..but I need a little guidance that I''m making the "right" decision..I mostly want a diamond that she will take out of the box and be taken back by the sparkle and look of it..so if what I''m choosing is not that..let me know.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 3:44:26 PM
Author:grooverider
Hello all,

First off, fabulous site, very informative to say the least.
hello groovrider
35.gif

welcome to ps! i think it's a pretty fab place myself.
16.gif

Secondly, I'm on a deadline I suppose, I need to find a ring in the next couple days, and I have been developing grey hair (kidding) from this whole experience. I have basically decided on what I want..but I'm unsure if I'm making the right decision.
nothing like waiting until the last minute!
9.gif
23.gif

1. I want a princess cut diamond, ideal polish/symmetry, no lower then G color, 1-1.1 carat. I would like to spend about $6k on the diamond + the cost of the ring or around there..I would consider spending more for something very nice, and I think that the Vatache X prong platinum looks like the best ring, but I'm open to other suggestions.
hey, at least you know what you want.
2.gif

'g' color is a great choice.
i like the x-prong look too!

2. Clarity- I'm confused. I do not really want anything lower then VS2, but with such a good quality diamond, will SI1 be that noticeable? Since I'm most likely buying online..I won't see the diamond until I get it..thoughts?
i can guarantee you that finding an eye clean, killer hidden by the sparkle, SI stone is possible. i wouldn't limit your options to just vs quality at this point. it's not necessary.

3. Some online diamond places seem better then others...some overpriced..some decently priced...any of you had any good/bad experiences with online retailers?
it's true, there are differences. not to mention, trade up policies and satisifaction guarantees to consider.
2.gif

i personally have purchased from www.whiteflash.com and am very, very pleased with the quality and service. there are several vendors here that have good princess cut stones as well.
www.winkjones.com carries infinity cut diamonds as does www.diamondexpert.com both are great guys to work with.

4. I would like to buy locally, but it seems their prices are more expensive for less quality. I looked at Tiffanys and almost crapped myself at the price tag of $11,900 for a .99 carat F Color VS1 which was nice but..the price tag was ridiculous. Is it safe to buy online?
i looked around locally as well...and yeah...not even close.
i got *much* better quality online and the prices are great. i am exremtely happy with my choice to purchase online (again and again and again!)

Any suggestions/comments you have will be much appreciated. I would like to buy soon..but I need a little guidance that I'm making the 'right' decision..I mostly want a diamond that she will take out of the box and be taken back by the sparkle and look of it..so if what I'm choosing is not that..let me know.
i'm thinking you're wanting an ags0 princess.
2.gif
best of the best and worth seeking out.
good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results