color
clarity

Help with Merelani mint garnet

katharath

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1458958057|4011183 said:
PrecisionGem|1458939745|4011067 said:
minousbijoux|1458878308|4010741 said:
Fwiw, I see the blue modifier in every pic. :))

In gemstones, modifiers are saturation modifiers, which are either gray or brown.

Gemstones are described by 3 components: Hue, Saturation and Tone.

When looking at a stone the correct way to describe the color is the hue. In this case the the primary hue is green. The secondary hue would be blue. In a mint garnet, the modifier would be gray, which would reduce the saturation.

It seems on Pricescope that Saturation on most often confused with Tone.

Wow, Gene, it must get really old constantly being the traffic cop :roll:

Yes! Absolutely you are technically correct, and God forbid I should mis-speak and use "modifier" :lol: Bottom line: I am confident that everyone knew what I was trying to say and understood the context - the stone was definitely on the bluish side.

Ahhhh Minous, I do ❤️ you.

I'll have to ask the people of the boards to forgive me, I'll undoubtedly use "modifier" again incorrectly in the future :(

This stone is beautiful and I do hope the OP will keep it and set it!!

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Keep it!! It's beautiful. I used to stayed away from hearts but they've started growing on me, and I think that color is so pretty I wouldn't even care that it's a heart. Enjoy it and please let us know how you set it when the time comes :)

Girl_in_green

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Arabella. I have decided that I will keep it! I was concerned about the heart shape, as well, but it has really grown on me since I got it. It's just a sweet shape. In the coming days/weeks, I will probably ask for suggestions on setting it in a ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results